Its Official -- Sasha/Robin Split | Page 2 | Golden Skate

Its Official -- Sasha/Robin Split

SailorGalaxia518

Record Breaker
Well, One can only hope that she can do better at the 2006 Olympics with him then she did at the 2002 Olympics. USFSA has not released a press release on this yet. I will put it up once it's posted.

I also like to mention that I have a DVD called "The Olympic Series: Golden Moments 1920-2002". It shows alot of people from different sports but there are quite a few clips from figure skating like

1. Irina Rodnina - 1972
2. Oksana Baiul - 1994
3. Scott Hamilton - 1980
4. Gordeeva and Grinkov - 1988
5. Torvill and Dean - 1984
6. Ludmilla and Oleg Protopopov - 1967
7. Dick Button - 1948 & 1952
8. Katarina Witt & Debi Thomas - 1988
9. Brian Orser & Brian Boitano - 1988
10. Peggy Fleming - 1948 & 1960
11. Sonja Henie - 1924 & 1936
12. Sarah Hughes - 2002

It has video clips and stuff. It was really fun to watch. I recommend this for any figure skating fan.

peachstatesk8er

On the Ice
SailorGalaxia518 said:
Well, One can only hope that she can do better at the 2006 Olympics with him then she did at the 2002 Olympics.
Call me crazy, but I thought she did pretty darn good in SLC!

R.D.

Record Breaker
Seems like she likes being in California. But one thing...wasn't the reason she left Nicks the fact that the California rink was too crowded? If she wanted more space, why did she go back? Or did she get some private ice time with him?

Maybe Nicks is what she needs. Didn't a poster comment to say that her jumps were better under him, and regressed once she left him? Not to mention if she wants to win, she'll have to really pull it together. If she doesn't, or can't. fine, I won't rip into her just because of that. However, if she doesn't add more to that boring program of hers I hope she's marked down and doesn't end up winning anything...

hockeyfan228

Record Breaker
STL_Blues_fan said:
I looked under news, coach and the diary section but I didn't not see the news!
It was there earlier -- I read it myself -- but it's been taken off the site.

R.D.

Record Breaker
peachstatesk8er said:
Call me crazy, but I thought she did pretty darn good in SLC!

Yes, she certainly did, for her first ever international competition. However, that said, that wasn't good enough to get her above 4th place. I think she wants better than that. Her looks when she doesn't are obvious!

SailorGalaxia518

Record Breaker
I thought she did to. I really do.

On the DVD I just mentioned on my above post. During the segment about Sarah Hughes - 2002. They showed the skaters falling on their free skate, first Michelle Kwan on the triple flip and then Sasha Cohen on the triple-triple.

The 2002 Olympics was when I first got into figure skating. I still remember my mom bad -mouthing to Elena Berzeshnaya and Anton Sikhaurlidze when they first won the gold medal over Sale and Pelletier :laugh:

Ogre Mage

On the Ice
peachstatesk8er said:
I disagree. Sasha trains very hard, whereas Nicole was known for her lack of discipline and being somewhat of a bad girl, partier, etc.
The comparison to Bobek was not a comment about Sasha's work ethic. Everyone knows that Sasha trains hard. However, just like Sasha, Bobek was infamous for very frequent coaching changes and rumors were rampant that she was difficult to handle. Like Sasha, Nicole had oodles of natural ability but a frustrating lack of consistency.

Fossi

Final Flight
Red Dog said:
Yes, she certainly did, for her first ever international competition. However, that said, that wasn't good enough to get her above 4th place. I think she wants better than that. Her looks when she doesn't are obvious!

No, it wasn't. She competed in 2001 internationally. Many have the misconception that the Olympics was her first international competition, but there is the "forgotten" 2001 season. She also competed at The Goodwill Games, which was also international.
She did do well in 4th place at her first Olympics, but lets not forget that Sarah Hughes placed 1st at her first Olympics, and Tara Lipinski and Oksana Bauil also placed 1st at their first Olympics.

mzheng

Record Breaker
Red Dog said:
I KNEW IT

actually, am I the only one who thought Wagner was just a temporary switch to cover for the TT split and thought she'd change coaches again? She's gonna be TOASTED on these forums :rofl:

Was that you or someone else, posted earlier on that having a strange feeling that something strange will happen this season. Was this one?

R.D.

Record Breaker
Fossi said:
No, it wasn't. She competed in 2001 internationally. Many have the misconception that the Olympics was her first international competition, but there is the "forgotten" 2001 season. She also competed at The Goodwill Games, which was also international.
She did do well in 4th place at her first Olympics, but lets not forget that Sarah Hughes placed 1st at her first Olympics, and Tara Lipinski and Oksana Bauil also placed 1st at their first Olympics.

I did not know she competed at the 2001 Goodwill Games. I heard from a lot of people that the olympics were her first international competition. Remember, like I just "revealed" in my post, I have only been following skating since the 2002 Olympics.

Sarah, Tara and Oksana just hit the ultimate jackpot by peaking at the right time in the right place. Let's remember that not everyone wins, or is expected to win the gold medal in their first try. :sheesh:

mzheng said:
Was that you or someone else, posted earlier on that having a strange feeling that something strange will happen this season. Was this one?

Yes, it was me. Now tell me, how right was I in THAT prediction? :biggrin: :rofl: :agree:

Lotta

On the Ice
I read that one poster said that her family will be moving also with Sasha. This will suck a lot for poor little sister, Natasha. I mean, she had to switch schools when they moved to CT. Now she just settled into a new school the following year and making new friends, but she has to move back again to Cali, basically start over again.

She's what I'm thinking about mostly, not just Sasha.

R.D.

Record Breaker
I read that one poster said that her family will be moving also with Sasha. This will suck a lot for poor little sister, Natasha. I mean, she had to switch schools when they moved to CT. Now she just settled into a new school the following year and making new friends, but she has to move back again to Cali, basically start over again.

If this is true, WOW. Her ENTIRE family moved JUST for her to train in CT and NY. And now because of her they have to move AGAIN to CA. Cohen is so lucky and fortunate to have a family that will accomodate her so easily...I hope she realizes this.

Yes, her Poor little sister.

BronzeisGolden

Medalist
Wow, I can't believe this. Certainly, there were several signs that indicated such a break up was imminent, but I never thought she would do it so close to Nationals. This coach shuffling doesn't seem like it would help Sasha center herself....but then again, I'm not in Sasha's "skates". I hope Nicks can help her find whatever it is she is seeking. Nationals should be one hell of a ride!

RealtorGal

Record Breaker
Lotta said:

She's what I'm thinking about mostly, not just Sasha.

NATASHA: Sasha! Sasha! Sasha! :mad:

JAN BRADY: Marcia! Marcia! Marcia! :mad:

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
kyla2 said:
She never should have left him to begin with. I think this will only help her for the long term. If for some reason this doesn't work, it could mean the end of her competitive career. She needs to buckle down and listen to him.

ITA. Mr. Nicks really has done the most with/for her...

I just hope she stops hopping around so that her family doesn't have to keep moving...

guinevere

Final Flight
Is this a hoax?

I'm really suspicious that all mention of this has been removed from Sasha's site. That and the proximity to the anniversary of Sasha's split from Tarasova. I don't find it that hard to believe that Sasha would switch coaches again, but I find it even more believable that someone would hack onto her site and have a little fun. How else to explain that there is now NO information about this on her site?

The fact that FSU has been down all evening just fuels my conspiracy theories :sheesh:

R.D.

Record Breaker
guinevere said:
I'm really suspicious that all mention of this has been removed from Sasha's site. That and the proximity to the anniversary of Sasha's split from Tarasova. I don't find it that hard to believe that Sasha would switch coaches again, but I find it even more believable that someone would hack onto her site and have a little fun. How else to explain that there is now NO information about this on her site?

The fact that FSU has been down all evening just fuels my conspiracy theories :sheesh:

Check this out:

http://www.xanga.com/home.aspx?user=kwantifiable

It's a link to her posted journal. I tell you, after reading this, I wonder if she really DID write this. I can't help but wonder if someone's trying to play a trick on us. Something in the way it's written just reeks of trickery. I mean, would she really say things like "I want to announce a move before you heard it elsewhere"? Or "I have come to the realization that California is my home and it is time for me to return"? :sheesh:

Last edited:

R.D.

Record Breaker
The only other thing that would explain this is, she actually did write this, but took it off for an unknown reason (wrong message? too many grammar errors?) and will have it back up in a couple days. I'm still leaning more towards the "hoax" though.