New Nikolai Morozov Article....

Jaana

Record Breaker
Country
Finland
The link did not seam to work, so here it´s again:

http://skatetoday.com/articles0405/121904_2.htm

I thought e.g. this was very interesting:

>Morozov began skating when he was five. His parents started him in the sport after doctors told them he needed more exercise. "Skating was very popular so they thought it would be a good sport for me," he said. He was a good singles skater but switched to dance at 16. "I was working with the same coach as Ilia Kulik. Kulik was much better than me so I stopped. Then a dance coach called me and I trained alone for several months before going to Switzerland to work with Natalia Linichuk for a year." >

Marjaana

Ximena

Final Flight
How you realized how many Russian skaters started skating because they were sick and the doctor recommended?

Thanks for the article

Thanks, Teresa and Jaana. (I fixed your link, T. :) )

This is a good site to bookmark. Barry Mittan's articles, which used to be featured on the Golden Skate main page, will be available there from now on.

MM:)

All the little boys who started skating or dancing at 5-9, have an excuse so their buddies in school won't beat them up. In dancing, it's because they had to accompany their mother and older sister to the classes, and finally from "Chorus Line" "I can do that". :)

In skating and not just Russians, it's for health. :eek:hwell:

Anyway, Morosov has done well in such a short time. Good for him.

Joe