(Pro) 2005 World Championships | Golden Skate

(Pro) 2005 World Championships

Jaana

Record Breaker
Country
Finland
I noticed the info about this event on Kwan forum:

http://www.prweb.com/releases/2004/12/prweb190622.htm

>Skaters will come from across the globe to the beautiful Tsongas Center in Lowell, MA May 20-22,2005. Fans and Enthusiasts will watch 24 of the most exciting individual skaters and adagio teams join forces. They will create one of the strongest group of skaters ever to hit the ice. >

Marjaana

Thanks for the heads up, Jaana.

This seems to be the second edition of the "Major League Figure Skating" show, held in Florida last year, IIRC. Their press release does not say who the "24 most exciting skaters" will be. Last year it was a team event with competitions in individual elements such as spinning and jumping. As I recall, it was an entertaining show. I'm not sure I would call it the "New Apex of Figure Skating Events," though.

The promoter, Ryun Hunka, is a former U.S. novice and junior champion.

Mathman

Last edited:

Jaana

Record Breaker
Country
Finland
Maybe this kind of event could grow into something bigger, if one or two well known skaters would have the iniative to participate? For to support pro skating, I mean.

Marjaana

This is exciting news! I so miss seeing the pro skaters. And I think the adagio is very interesting!

Thanks Jaana for the heads up and yes, let's hope it grows into a real reality competition. I mean it is always nice to watch the recent Olys champs but I and I am sure others are just looking to see them skate and not overly concerned if any one wins. New pros will take the competition more seriously.

The other Pro competition which usually feature props, I don't even watch anymore. I will in exhibitions but not in competition.

Joe