Happy Holidays, everyone... and anyone practicing? | Golden Skate

Happy Holidays, everyone... and anyone practicing?

icer

Rinkside
Hi everyone-

I miss the old weekly posts... so even if you are posting elsewhere, how about an update on how everyone is doing to wind out 2004?

For myself, I'm not able to get much time on the ice (and lately it's been seasonally crowded- too much to really move around). A few accompishments, though, over the past weeks. I've found the Pilates I'm doing has really helped with controlling 3 turns and I've also figured out how to get some horizontal flow to my jumps (instead of just trying for height). Hoping I'll be able to return to the ice more seriously in February or March (life intrudes).

So how are you finishing the year, and what are you proud of accomplishing?

Happy holidays to all of you!

dlkksk8fan

Medalist
Hi icer, happy holidays to you too and to everyone here on GS.

I'm taking these two weeks off from skating. Beginning the first of the year I am going to find a new coach and get back to where I left off. I had to take a couple of weeks off because I hurt my back, but now it is all better. I did meet my friend and her daughter yesterday at one of the rinks close to my house. It wasn't too crowded so I got in some spin and jump practice. My friends daughter, who is 4 yrs old, had never been skating so it was fun to try and teach her to skate. At first she cried but after awhile she liked it!

Petlover

On the Ice
Icer - great topic!
I learned a new ice dance last night - the Cha Cha. It's really fun, but a little scary in a couple of places! I have also been working on getting better form and flow on 3 turns and mohawks, along with improving my form on my one foot spin. My coach is pushing me very hard, but this 51 year old body needs it! Anyway, it's always fun, even when I get one additional inch of glide out on my back 3 turn!
Happy holidays to all!

icy fresh

On the Ice
I like this topic!
For skating this week, I'm just missing Christmas Eve and Christmas and then I'm back on the ice on Monday. I'm going to be training all winter and then start competing again on a higher level in the early spring.
On Wednesday, my Hickory Hoedown and Ten Fox were both looking good and we even tried it with the music! My coach also taught me the beginning of the Willow Waltz.
That's all for now! ;)

Glacierskater

On the Ice
I miss the weekly posts too. I have been so busy training for AN05, I don't come here as religiously as I used to. I actually got to skate on Christmas. I went to Little Rock, and they were open for Thanksgiving and Christmas. It was great. I am working on AN05 programs, and some MIF for my next level. I am preparing for the axel, and FS5, and adult siilver tests for this upcoming year. I am also working on double preparation. Scary, and exciting. Anyone else?

Mrs Redboots

On the Ice
We're practising this week - in fact, we are skating twice today, as we skated for 2 hours (well, by the time I'd finished chatting to people I'd not seen for a week it was more like 1.5 hours) this morning, and will skate again this evening as we've volunteered to "do" figure club, since the woman who normally runs it is going away for a couple of days. Then tomorrow morning we have all our lessons in one fell swoop. Thursday I'll probably not skate, but may (or may not) do so on Friday morning, then again on Sunday..... so it goes.....

We are hoping to test our Level 1 Free Dance very soon, before we have to start working seriously on the compulsory dances for Villard-de-Lans, and improving our free dance for the British Adult Championships and the various qualifying events throughout this year.

icy fresh

On the Ice
Usually, I'm not the bragedocious type, but I just need to let out some happiness! Today I landed my double salchow! I've been working on it since August and I've just been landing it two-footed and now it is clean with one foot! My "former" coach who I haven't seen since summer gave me a lesson and she just said something that I had never heard before and everything just clicked!

My emotion: :agree: :agree: :agree: :) :) :) :) :) :) :rofl: :rofl: :biggrin: :biggrin: !
OK, now everyone can brag about their skating since I just broke the ice!

Thin-Ice

Spectator
Congratulations!!!

Hurray! Hurray! For Icy_Fresh! And remember, it's not bragging if you can do it.. and NOW you can! Besides, you're just reporting what happened... ;) :biggrin: You ROCK :rock:

CanadianSkater

Rinkside
Congrats!

Congrats icy_fresh...I know how it feels to land a jump you've been working on for so long đź‘Ť I just started landing double axels wednesday and it's taken me two years :p

ceg15

On the Ice
Today I landed my double salchow!
Awesome job icy_fresh!

I landed my double salchow awhile ago then last it and got it back 4 times and now I have it for good! it's definitely not one of my favorite jumps (I prefer toe jumps!)but I love when I have a good day with it! I know how exciting it is to land a jump for the first time that you've been working so hard on. Congrats! :biggrin: đź‘Ť

Mrs Redboots

On the Ice
icy_fresh said:
Today I landed my double salchow! I've been working on it since August and I've just been landing it two-footed and now it is clean with one foot! My "former" coach who I haven't seen since summer gave me a lesson and she just said something that I had never heard before and everything just clicked!
Very well done! I hope it will be the first of many.