Update on Duane's Adoption | Golden Skate

Update on Duane's Adoption

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
Want to hear some really cool news? Duane will be officially adopted sometime after 2:30pm on December 30, 2004!!!!!! We got the call yesterday! :)

Piel

On Edge
Record Breaker
Duane is a lucky boy! :party: :party2: :party: :party2: :party: :party2: :party: :party2: :party: :party2: :party: :party2: :party: :party2: :party2:

RealtorGal

Record Breaker
That's great news!

How is he doing? I remember there was a time when you were having a lot of behavioral problems with him. Has that improved?

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
RealtorGal said:
That's great news!

How is he doing? I remember there was a time when you were having a lot of behavioral problems with him. Has that improved?

well he doesn't act out... now he's lying about everything to everyone (though a few weeks ago he attacked one of the ladies at church and when our pastor went to stop him he threw himself on teh floor and threw a tantrum worthy of any 2 year old :mad: ) He's doing well grade wise at school... he's only about half a grade behind in reading, so he's getting there.

However news of the adoption has made him bigger than his britches and gave me an eviction notice last night because as he put it "I am no longer needed" :sheesh: so I packed up the gifts I brought for him and packed up my stuff and said fine... so now I'm allowed to stay until after Christmas :laugh: he wants very little to do with me... and every time I come home he makes my life hell, so while I'm always happy to be home, I hate staying home... if that makes sense?

He can be the sweetest kid one minute and the worst kid the next... it's an adjustment... but through it all I'm really glad this will all be over come the 30th... :rock:

Ptichka

Forum translator
Record Breaker
Congratulations, Toni! And if I hadn't said it before, let me just say that it is absolutely incredible what your family is doing for this boy. You all should get a nice big gift from Santa :)

Also glad that he's doing well in school. I'm sure that in a loving caring family the behavioral problems will work themselves out. When it comes to learning, however, whatever you miss early on is very difficult to make up for in later years.

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
Yeah... he's very much behind in so many things... but reading is the big one... mom doesn't need another scholar, just a kid who can read (her words, not mine LOL)

the only reason he wants to learn to read is dad has him convinced that he can't even get a job at the gas station if he can't read a level beyond 12th grade :rofl: So far it seems to be working as Duane wants to be a cop and so he needs to go to college and "you don't need to read to graduate high school, but you need to read to get into college" -- Duane's philosophy for the year ;) :yes:

show 42

Arm Chair Skate Fan
Record Breaker
Best of luck, Toni........sounds like some bumpy roads ahead yet. My hats off to anyone who opens their homes to troubled kids.........42

JOHIO2

Medalist
Toni,

Here's to a great New Year for you and your family, including the newest member!

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
Duane may not make it to Thursday :rofl: he got a snowboard from my parents for Christmas... and the weather has been crappy and all of the sledding/snowboard hills are sheets of ice... dad said he's doing pretty well... and he's wearing his snowmachiene helmet to stay safe (dad told him his bike helmet would work better but Duane is scared of getting a bump LOL) :rofl: :rock: