I Have a New Puppy | Golden Skate

I Have a New Puppy

Petlover

On the Ice
Well, I swore I wouldn't do it again, but I'm back up to 5 dogs! One of my husband's friends breeds Shelties, and a breeder friend of hers had a 3 month old puppy that no one wanted because the little dog's back right leg was fused at the knee and would not bend. He called me at work and asked if we could rescue her. So little Frannie now lives at my house - she was born during Hurricane Frances, so the breeder named her Frannie and it fits. She is really cute! Even with the bum leg, she can run and play and is not in any pain. In fact, she does not know she is different from the other dogs! My 13 year old mutt, Barney, loves Frannie and plays endlessly with her. The other dogs are pretty good with her, and the cat just tries to avoid her. It helps that the dogs are all around the same size, 15 to 20 pounds. Frannie is less than 10 pounds, but with all of her fur, she is as tall as the other dogs. This morning, she untied my shoelace about 10 times!
Happy holidays to everyone here at Golden Skate!

Piel

On Edge
Record Breaker
Congratulations on your new dog and congratulations to Frannie for finding you! My Corgi Abbey says to welcome Frannie to the GS family of pets. Abbey is leaving in a few minutes for the doggie spa to get her Christmas bath and pedicure.

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
Yuka would also like to welcome little Frannie...

we want pictures!

show 42

Arm Chair Skate Fan
Record Breaker
It's always fun to welcome new pets into your home. We've adopted, unofficially, two stray cats, even bought a kitty kozy for them, as they are outside pets......(my allergies won't permit fur in the house). We also adopted two turtles. Their original owner went into the Air Force......turtles are cute and clever, but very stinky................. :sheesh: 42

Ladskater

~ Figure Skating Is My Passion ~
Record Breaker
Petlover:

Wow! Five dogs! I can't even have one here. I would love to have a cat. Maybe when I move to the country, I can get a cat. My husband had a cat for about ten years. His cat died on my birthday four years ago. He grieved for so long; he has not even considered another cat since.

Congratulations on your new addition to the family.

Doggygirl

Record Breaker
Congratulations Petlover!!!

How wonderful that you gave little Frannie a home. It sounds like she's having fun with you and your other dogs. Dogs with physical problems dish out the same amount of unconditional love as any other dogs. And it doesn't sound like her leg problem slows her down at all. Enjoy!!!!!

DG

Congratulations on the newest member of your pet family! I've always thought it would be neat to have a Sheltie, they are so cute!