• Do You hear What I Hear?

Votes: 4 9.5%
  • Have Youself A Merry Little Christmas

Votes: 2 4.8%

• Total voters

show 42

Arm Chair Skate Fan
Record Breaker
Of the ones listed, I chose "Have Yourself a Merry Little Christmas". I can still picture Judy Garland singing that song in "Meet Me In St. Louis"..........42

Matt

On the Ice
I chose "O Holy Night" of the ones listed. If there were an "other" option, I would vote for it and go with "Mary, Did You Know?"

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
of the ones listed Sleigh Ride (so long as it's just instrumental... vocals kill the song IMHO) but my most favorite Christmas song is "Mary, Did You Know?"

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
show 42 said:
Of the ones listed, I chose "Have Yourself a Merry Little Christmas". I can still picture Judy Garland singing that song in "Meet Me In St. Louis"..........42

I own the collector's DVD... I love that movie... watch it all the time! :rock:

4dogknight

Final Flight
I voted for "Oh Holy Night" but my personal favorite is "The Carol of Bells"; for a secular favorite, "The Christmas Song" by Mel Torme.

I've been listening all day to the three Trans Siberian Orchestra's Christmas CDs. I fell in love with this group when A&P used music from the "Beethoven's Last Night" CD and had to get my own copy. After listening to the entire CD and reading the story, I was completely sold on this group. I actually wept during "I'll Keep Your Secret".

4dk - who thinks "Pachelbel's Cannon in D" is pretty special too and not only a sentimental favorite for weddings.

Piel

On Edge
Record Breaker
4dogknight said:
who thinks "Pachelbel's Cannon in D" is pretty special too and not only a sentimental favorite for weddings.

It is like Ave Maria in that respect...appropriate for "marrying and burying" as well as figure skating.

Jhar55

Medalist
None of the above, my favorite Christmas song is
All I want for Christmas Is You; By Vince Vance :love:

Piel

On Edge
Record Breaker
JHAR I like that one too, (have you seen the little girl sing it in "Love Actually"?) also Christmas (Baby Please Come Home) by U2 :love: .

I kept this poll to just traditional carols and thought about doing another one for more contemporary songs but didn't get arouind to it.....maybe next year!

IcePrincess

Rinkside
Silent Night is such a glorious Christmas song, and I always feel such a peace in my soul when listening to it! :biggrin:

Jhar55

Medalist
Piel, No I haven't I've only heard it on the radio and saw the video couple times on CMT. Maybe I should rent the movie.

Peggy

On the Ice
Matt said:
I chose "O Holy Night" of the ones listed. If there were an "other" option, I would vote for it and go with "Mary, Did You Know?"

I love Mary, Did You Know, and O Holy Night. I play both of them over and over when I'm alone. They are both Holy songs and touch my heart.

Jill

On the Ice
My favorite is Christmas Wrapping by The Waitresses. It's the story of my life!

nicole_l

Final Flight
I'm also a Trans-Siberian Orchestra fan. :love: Their concerts are pretty awesome. I love the newest cd, yum!

Eliza

Rinkside
My favorites:

Rocking Around the Christmas Tree
Jingle Bell Rock
Winter Wonderland
Carol of the Bells
What Child is This? (uses the tune of Greensleeves)
Ave Maria ( Schubert )

Just about anything on the CD's by Mannheim Steamroller or Narada

Eliza

IDLERACER

Medalist
I would just like to point out that three of the songs in this poll have nothing to do with Christmas. "Sleigh Ride" "Winter Wonderland" and "Jingle Bells" are all songs about winter. They make no mention of Jesus, Santa, Rudolph or Yule Cheer in general. Same with "Frosty The Snowman" and "Marshmallow World."

Anyhow, my favorite Xmas song is "Your A Mean One Mr. Grinch." :biggrin: