Timothy Goebel's Quad Statistics | Golden Skate

Timothy Goebel's Quad Statistics

Linny

Final Flight
Caused by Quads?

While I have no doubts that quads contributed to Tim's health problems, I'm not totally certain they are the sum total. A person who doesn't figure skate at all but slumps habitually will at some point have back problems. Think about all those office workers humped over their key boards!
Linny

S

SkateFan4Life

Linny said:
While I have no doubts that quads contributed to Tim's health problems, I'm not totally certain they are the sum total. A person who doesn't figure skate at all but slumps habitually will at some point have back problems. Think about all those office workers humped over their key boards!
Linny

And think of all of us who write messages on this board, humped over our keyboards! :biggrin: Seriously, though, Timothy's poor posture/slumped back may have contributed significantly to his latest injury. The years of pounding out the quads have also taken their toll, no doubt, but having correct posture and technique would certainly have helped him avoid, or at least lessen, some of his injuries. IMHO, of course.

ceg15

On the Ice
Wow-that's awesome-45 quads landed! Go Timothy! Too bad about his injuries..I hope he gets well soon.

doubleaxelcm

On the Ice
Wow ... I didn't realize he was landing that many that early in his career. He really was/is one of the best jumpers ever.

S

SkateFan4Life

doubleaxelcm said:
Wow ... I didn't realize he was landing that many that early in his career. He really was/is one of the best jumpers ever.

He sure is, but all of that training has taken its toll on Goebel's body. He's a physical wreck, or so it sounds, and he may not be in top shape for Nationals this month. I hope he skates well enough to win a spot on the World Team.