Snow in Houston!!! | Golden Skate

Snow in Houston!!!

R.D.

Record Breaker
Yesterday (Christmas Eve) it actually started SNOWING outside my house here in Southeast Houston...it stopped during the evening hours but picked up again during the night. Then we all went outside and had a snowball fight :cool: I know many of you northerners may think "Yeah, whatever" but this is like a once-in-20-year event for us. I also woke up to a (sort-of) white Christmas for the first time since I've lived here, and I've been here all my life (18 years). Just unbelieveable...

But it will all melt away today as it's going to get into the 40s, with a gradual warmup expected. I did manage to get some pictures before it all melts away, though.

La Brum

Spectator
I've lived in Houston since 1973 and this is only the third time we've had snow,
and on Chirstmas Eve, too! Perfect timing.

Ladskater

~ Figure Skating Is My Passion ~
Record Breaker
Red Dog said:
Yesterday (Christmas Eve) it actually started SNOWING outside my house here in Southeast Houston...it stopped during the evening hours but picked up again during the night. Then we all went outside and had a snowball fight :cool: I know many of you northerners may think "Yeah, whatever" but this is like a once-in-20-year event for us. I also woke up to a (sort-of) white Christmas for the first time since I've lived here, and I've been here all my life (18 years). Just unbelieveable...

But it will all melt away today as it's going to get into the 40s, with a gradual warmup expected. I did manage to get some pictures before it all melts away, though.

I heard on the news! Quite an event for Texas. Don't feel bad, although I live in the North (Canada) this is actually considered the green belt of Canada - the west coast hardly gets any snow - we often gloat while the rest of Canada freezes. Victoria (on the Island) had an unusual white out a few years ago - of course, the city in its wisdom had long since sold their snow ploughs - didn't figure they would need them. Boy were they wrong!!!!

Have fun in the snow. I will have to go up to Grouse Mountain or Seymour to experience the white stuff.

So long from "lotus land."

:biggrin:

R.D.

Record Breaker
Have fun in the snow. I will have to go up to Grouse Mountain or Seymour to experience the white stuff.

Ha...it's all melted now, and it's going to get up to 70 degrees in a couple of days. As the saying goes here, "If you don't like the weather, wait five minutes." How true that is! :laugh: :sheesh:

IDLERACER

Medalist
Right now, (December 27th) it's raining real hard here in Los Angeles, which is good. It keeps the grass green and the air fresh. Incidentally, even though it's pouring outside, my windows are open, and I'm wearing a T-shirt. It might occasionally, get a little wet here in Lala land, but it hardly ever gets cold. :agree:

Ladskater

~ Figure Skating Is My Passion ~
Record Breaker
Red Dog said:
Ha...it's all melted now, and it's going to get up to 70 degrees in a couple of days. As the saying goes here, "If you don't like the weather, wait five minutes." How true that is! :laugh: :sheesh:

Oh, Boy lucky you!!!! It's getting colder here now. Although, we don't have the fierce winters I experienced in Prince George BC or Edmonton Alberta (brr....40 below weather with a wind chill factor) it is nippy!!! I envy your basking in the warm sunshine!!! I will have to scrape my car's windows in the morning. The older I get, the more I detest ol' man winter.

Have a good one!!

IDLERACER

Medalist
Well, lightening hit my apartment complex a couple of nights ago while I was on the web, and it completely fried my modem. :mad: I'm typing this from the library. I've decided to switch to high-speed (I'm taking this as an omen), and will be starting to post regularly again sometime next week.

Piel

On Edge
Record Breaker
It's been between 50 and 60 here today and is supposed to continue to be warm through next week.

katherine2001

On the Ice
Merrywidow, are you in the Missoula area where they are having the heat wave? It only got up to 5 or 6 degrees here in Helena today and should be between -5 and -10 tonight. I'm thinking it will be closer to the -10 figure myself. The weather forecasts of highs and lows for the last couple of weeks have been quite comical--they've been pure fantasy. We've usually reached the expected low by 6 or 7 p.m. This next week is going to be very cold according to predictions, but I'm putting no store in them since the 5 day forecast has totally changed by the next day!

My lucky niece is back in Missoula working at an Italian restaurant. She'll start classes for her last semester at the University of Montana quite soon.

Enjoy the 70 degrees there in Texas. If you'd like to send it up to Montana, we'd love it!

R.D.

Record Breaker
katherine2001 said:
Enjoy the 70 degrees there in Texas. If you'd like to send it up to Montana, we'd love it!

and why not? ;) I sort of like cold weather myself (but not THAT cold lol) so, if it were possible, I wouldn't mind at all :cool:

bleuchick

On the Ice
IDLERACER said:
Well, lightening hit my apartment complex a couple of nights ago while I was on the web, and it completely fried my modem. :mad: I'm typing this from the library. I've decided to switch to high-speed (I'm taking this as an omen), and will be starting to post regularly again sometime next week.

once you go high speed, you aint turning back.
:biggrin: