Another "Splatfest" for the Men? | Golden Skate

Another "Splatfest" for the Men?

S

SkateFan4Life

I feel a nightmare coming on ....

Johnny Weir arrives at US Nationals with a still-injured foot and further aggravates the injury during practice. He manages to get through the short program but falls apart in the long program. After falling three times, he aborts his long program - 2003 deja vu.

Timothy Goebel arrives at US Nationals with an injured back and a body that is all out of alignment. He struggles through practices and skates a short program that is on par with last year's short - terrible and full of falls. He withdraws prior to the long. After consulting with his physicians and physical therapists, all of whom advise him that he will never be able, physically, to land consistent quads, he announces his retirement from competitive skating. He turns pro and signs a two-year contract with Stars on Ice.

Michael Weiss arrives at US Nationals uninjured, but he has terrible practices. He falls on his triple axel in the short, falls on his quad and the triple axel in the long program, yet wins the US title.

Matt Savoie arrives at US Nationals nursing a hip injury and falls several times in both programs. He wins the silver medal, nonetheless.

Ryan Jahnke arrives at US Nationals uninjured, but he falls on his triple axels in both the short and long programs. Still, due to the disasters that fall on Weir and Goebel, and the poor skating displayed by the rest of the men, he wins the bronze medal.

Evan Lysacek outskates Weiss, Savoie, and Jahnke, but for reasons known only to the judges, he finishes in fourth place. The fans boo the judges and throw popcorn, hot dogs, and candy wrappers on the ice.

At this point, I wake up. Whew!!

doubleaxelcm

On the Ice
Actually sounds possible to me. I would say don't rule that outcome out overall! I'm not sure it would unfold exactly that way but I could see it ending:

1. Weiss
2. Savoie
3. Jahnke
4. Lysacek
R Geobel
R Weir

S

SkateFan4Life

doubleaxelcm said:
Actually sounds possible to me. I would say don't rule that outcome out overall! I'm not sure it would unfold exactly that way but I could see it ending:

1. Weiss
2. Savoie
3. Jahnke
4. Lysacek
R Geobel
R Weir

And that would truly be a nightmare of Olympian proportions!

S

SkateFan4Life

I'm crossing my fingers that all of the men skate their best this week at Nationals!