All the Holiday Specials | Golden Skate

All the Holiday Specials

Linny

Final Flight
Seems like there were a bunch of the broadcast...

Did you'all have any favorite numbers?

Linny

I'm getting to like Sato and Dongeon more and more, and they are doing competitive lifts!!

Kyoto has a great rapport with the audience. Unfortunately John doesn't but as a team they are looking good.

Todd looking so much better as a pro than he was as eligible.

Yags is hanging in there. I sometimes think he has pain when doing some of those wonderful moves. Always nice to see him.

I could do without R and N. I don't want to spell out the names, although R did a nice Santa number.

Joe

IDLERACER

Medalist
Here in Los Angeles, there were two of them last Saturday, both entitled Holiday On Ice or some sort of variation thereof. I haven't watched the two-hour one that was on at 11:00 AM yet (I'll watch some of it tonight) but I did see the shorter one that was on at 3:00 in it's entirety. I thought Oksana Baiul's Mrs. Santa Clause routine was a hoot. :biggrin: I didn't find the miniature chandelier she now has hanging from her belly button (ala Britney Speers) particularly appealing, though. :sheesh:

ceg15

On the Ice
I thought the Holiday Festival On ice was good, that took place in kelowna BC. They had little local skaters come out with some of the cast.(Jenn R, Brian O, Kurt, Jamie and Dave) I thought it was a great show. Sale and Pelletier's Over the Rainbow was spectacular as their programs always are. ;) Kurt's Blue Christmas was hilarious, as most are but every once in awhile he'll do a nice serious one, hah. Jenn had a pretty good performance, the one with the sort of medley of xmas carols started off slow, but picked up whichh I was glad of. Jeff's performances were also good. I don't think Sato and Dungen were in this. Annabelle and Patrice did their barbie girl routine-which is so funny everytime! And I think Putnam and Wirtz were in it too. They also had interesting fluff pieces of the skaters on the show like sitting around by the fire roasting marshmallows talking about their favorite gifts when theu were kids. I really enjoyed the show....this was aired around Christmas day.... :yes:

IDLERACER

Medalist
I finally got around to watching the longer one. Did anyone notice Jason Dungjen and Kyoko Ina giving each other dirty looks during the ensemble pieces? Just kidding :biggrin:

shdotz

On the Ice
Christmas Skating Shows on TV

For the December Specials, I especially enjoyed seeing Katia Gordeeva again.

For me, she's the best female skater alive - save for Irina, who has not yet turned professional.

Brian Orser is always good to see as is Brian Boitano.

Didn't get to see Paul Wylie - sob.

All in all, there was good skating in most of the broadcasts.

Now I look forward to watching SOI - and - I would love to see more of Ilia Kulik!

sh