Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast

Thread: Cohen and Nicks Plan for Success

Down With It
    Quote Originally Posted by Fossi
    Red Dog, Being the HUGE Cohen fan that you obviously are, I'm surprised you didnt' know already about her history in gymnastics.
    I don't think the poster speculated anything. It's fairly obvious that Sasha loves the spotlight and wants to be famous.
    Actually, I think it's obvious that I'm NOT a Cohen fan, since I don't know much about her. I mean, JEEZ! :sheesh:

X 10 million

ETA: my 800th post...dedicated, of course, to saying for the 8 billionth time that I don't like cohen...i hope she doesn't win...

[CENTER]EVERYONE, S'IL VOUS PLAIT!!![/CENTER]

Just think in 9 more days we will be seeing some beautiful exhibitions as a result of the 2005 USA National Championship featuring among many beautiful skaters, our very own DIVAS: La Diva Kwan and La Diva Cohen.

There really is no point in carrying on the who will win and nitpicks. Just remember the winner will be the one who had the best skate that evening.

Joe

Custom Title
    It's fairly obvious that Sasha loves the spotlight and wants to be famous.

Haven't you noticed, Sasha IS famous and definately in the spotlight. She is the World Silver Medalist and I don't think that will be her last medal. I don't know her personally but my guess is she has goals for herself, just as all the elite skaters, and works very hard to reach them.

Down With It
    Heh, sounds good to me

Just kick back and enjoy the show (competition) without all this carry-on...

Quote Originally Posted by Joesitz

There really is no point in carrying on the who will win and nitpicks. Just remember the winner will be the one who had the best skate that evening.

Joe
    But who the judges award the title to could be someone else !

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Red Dog
    Actually, I think it's obvious that I'm NOT a Cohen fan, since I don't know much about her. I mean, JEEZ! :sheesh:

Red Dog, how is your project of making Cohen screen caps of the Marshall competition

Ice Angel
    If Sasha stayed in gymnastics, she could be all around silver or maybe even gold. First, her mother was a gymnast and she knows everything needed for the sport. This is a tremendous assets to Sasha. Second, except Carly Patterson, most previous medalists have quite some artistry. Sasha is a lady who has great jumping power(watch her 2000 and 2002 programs) and extraordinary artistry. She could be a very good gymnast. Third, Sasha is an American and she can get the best technique training and choreography. Representing USA provide athletes
    a lot more confidence.
    I truely believe that Sasha switched to skating because she loves it and also felt that gymastics is kind of dangerous when you move up to higher level.

Down With It
    Quote Originally Posted by gezando
    Red Dog, how is your project of making Cohen screen caps of the Marshall competition
    http://www.goldenskate.com/forum/showthread.php?t=8057

I don't know whether to or ...I won't say anything more on this matter, as it is, I just want to enjoy the competition and the forums without saying, Go Skater X! In fact, I believe cheering for a skater just detracts from the overall experience of just kicking back and relaxing, enjoying the competition, and congratulating whoever wins. If it happens to be Kwan, great. If it happens to be Cohen, good for her. If it happens to anyone else, well...rock on
    Last edited by R.D.; 01-08-2005 at 02:51 AM.

Down With It
    The cool thing about not being a fan of anybody (some here refer to that as being a "non-fan") is that you don't get the stress/anxiety/sweaty palms/whatever you would like to call it. You can just relax...now try telling that to a diehard Cohen fan or Kwan fan

The cool thing about not being a fan of anybody (some here refer to that as being a "non-fan") is that you don't get the stress/anxiety/sweaty palms/whatever you would like to call it. You can just relax...now try telling that to a diehard Cohen fan or Kwan fan
    There is also the Antixxxx (name the skater) and there is the Anyone but xxxxxx. (name the skater). When you've read as much of these threads as I have you just mellow out.

Joe

SkateFan4Life
    Yep, I try to relax, enjoy the competition, hope all the skaters perform their best, and accept the results, whatever they may be.

Folks, life as we know it - for better or for worse - will continue on regardless of who wins at Nationals next week. After all, our necks, reputation, career prospects, etc., etc., are not on the line.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Peggy
    Haven't you noticed, Sasha IS famous and definately in the spotlight. She is the World Silver Medalist and I don't think that will be her last medal. I don't know her personally but my guess is she has goals for herself, just as all the elite skaters, and works very hard to reach them.
    Wellah, wellah, wellah....Sasha is "famous" amongst figure skating fans, and Ms. Cohen seems to want more than that.

On the Ice
    Wellah, wellah, wellah....Sasha is "famous" amongst figure skating fans, and Ms. Cohen seems to want more than that.
    Is that a bad thing? They all want more.

On the Ice
    Quote Originally Posted by nuggetr
    Is that a bad thing? They all want more.

Sometimes more isn't all that great.

Woman of the Waters
    Quote Originally Posted by ritymeez
    Sometimes more isn't all that great.
    Ain't that the truth.

Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast