Writing Letters to Skaters | Golden Skate

Writing Letters to Skaters

GlitterTwist

Rinkside
Have you ever written letters to skaters? I mean, snail mail letters lol If you have which skaters have you written to and did you ever get a response back?

I was thinking of maybe sending some good luck letters to my faves for Nats like Johnny, Timmy, and Tanith & Ben but I was just wondering if you think they'd reply. If you've gotten a reply was it an actual letter? Or an autographed picture?

In the past I've written to Sasha, Timmy, and Michael Weiss and they all replied to me. They did not actually write, they sent autographed picture/postcards and Timmy and Mike wrote something along the lines of "Best of Luck" on them. Sasha sent a generic one =) I loved getting replys back from them, it's nice that they take the time to do something as quick as autographing a picture.

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
Tim responds, Scott Hamilton responds (it takes a LONG time however), Melissa and Denis respond(with some of the nicest replies), Michael Weiss also replies(and is also very nice in his letters), Tara sends a picture, Sarah sends stuff, those are the ones I've written to

oh! Jamie and David do too! As does Steven Cousins!

S

SkateFan4Life

GlitterTwist said:
Have you ever written letters to skaters? I mean, snail mail letters lol If you have which skaters have you written to and did you ever get a response back?

I was thinking of maybe sending some good luck letters to my faves for Nats like Johnny, Timmy, and Tanith & Ben but I was just wondering if you think they'd reply. If you've gotten a reply was it an actual letter? Or an autographed picture?

In the past I've written to Sasha, Timmy, and Michael Weiss and they all replied to me. They did not actually write, they sent autographed picture/postcards and Timmy and Mike wrote something along the lines of "Best of Luck" on them. Sasha sent a generic one =) I loved getting replys back from them, it's nice that they take the time to do something as quick as autographing a picture.

I think it's really wonderful that those skaters took the time to respond to your letters. It just goes to show that, as busy as they are, they truly appreciate the support they receive from you and their many fans. đź‘Ť

Here's hoping you receive replies for all of your letters! :)

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
I'm not with my photo right now as I'm home for teh holidays... but I will try to remember to get it to you sometime after nationals...

though http://www.tararulz.com might have the addy!

76olympics

On the Ice
I haven't ever written to a skater-but I had a couple of very nice hand-written letters from Martha Lowder Kimball who wrote books with Toller and Robin Cousins. I ordered books directly from her and she could not have been sweeter. She even gave me her take on the pairs controversy at Salt Lake (she likes B and S more as skaters-but thought S and P skated better that night).

I wish that her book with the Duchesnays had worked out. I think it would have been very interesting.

A.H.Black

Final Flight
Letters to skaters can always be mailed to the USFSA headquarters. They forward them on. It does work and the skaters reply to those letters.

brenlynn

On the Ice
it's been a long time since i've sat down and wrote a skater a letter.

about ten years ago i sent kurt and oksana both letters because they inspired me to take up figure skating. kurt sent me an autographed photo. most of my skater autographs i got at shows or competitions. the last skater i probably actually wrote to was tara. this was during the time in which she was switching managers and dealing with her transition from ice to acting, and i never got a response.

when i got to competitions, and i throw stuffed animals on the ice... i try to write messages to the skaters on the tags. i have gotten letters of thanks from jennifer robinson and jenny don! i love when they send actual hand written letters, those are the coolest!

iluvtodd

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I sent a sympathy card to Jenny Kirk when she lost her mom. About two-three weeks later I received an autographed photo post card (she was world junior champion at the time) with a hand written thank you from her. I thought that was very sweet of her to take the time to do that.