New Michelle Kwan information (from a teleconference) | Page 2 | Golden Skate

New Michelle Kwan information (from a teleconference)

But-but-but this is Michelle, everybody. You can't yadda yadda yadda Michelle!! :laugh: ;) Without articles like this, how would we ever know about Michelle's feelings of cosmic connection?

I liked the lavender dress that she wore at Campbells the best.

Mathman

PS. Ezboard was down for a while for routine maintenance. Lucy's second link (at the top of this page) works now.

I finally got the link opened. I wonder how this teleconference was arranged. Getting all those media sources to work at the same time. Not easy. or is this just a compilation of many interviews?

ChiSk8Fan has a point with the blahs, but there are some informative responses to questions by MK which were new to me. there are definitely some blahs. Check it out. The link seems to be working.

Not attending GPs? - doesn't think it is a disadvantage. (we'll see, MK)

Costume colors - not my interest but would be for many GS members.

Legacy? - blah

Longevity? - blah

Culture/Work Ethic - blah

Thoughts on GP? - There are a lot of strong skaters. (Yes, Michelle, there are!)

Jeff Buttle - Enjoy having him around with RA. (Apparently they push each other.)

98 Olys - If she had won, she would probably still be around. Not fair to turn pro at such a young age. (glad you said that)

Turning Pro? - not necessary. She has the best of worlds: competitions and COI.

COE? - really taking and interest with Chris and Nicolai. (that's what I wanted to hear.)

Chris? - Incredible to be working with him and Bolero. (kind of Blah)

Nats and Worlds? blah

Meet and discuss with judges?
- after Nats.

Rivals - blah

What can we look forward to? - blah

Holidays? - blah.

My opinion - Not totally blah.

Joe

Last edited:

sk8m8

Final Flight
Come on Joe, fess up. I think you'd be jumping up and down if 'shelly offered up a home cooked meal over Christmas. Miss Kwan can skate like that and cook too? Now I know she's too good to be true :rofl: If she's a Disney creation, she's light years ahead of the Hall of Presidents :laugh:

sk8m8 - Yeah! I'd love to have dinner with Michelle whether she cooked it or not. Better than a sci-fi rejuvenating machine for me. :love:

Joe

RealtorGal

Record Breaker
Joe said:
98 Olys - If she had won, she would probably still be around. Not fair to turn pro at such a young age. (glad you said that)

I didn't understand this comment. It seems like an unfair swipe at Tara, who, as we now know, was seriously injured. What does she mean by "not fair?"

chuckm

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Tara turned pro because she had to, even though she didn't admit it at the time. Michelle knew that. I don't see a swipe at Tara. I read it as Michelle thought it would be unfair of her, Michelle, who was uninjured and still capable of competing, to retire at such a young age.

flowjo35

On the Ice
Chuckm

That's how I took Michelle's statement as well. Being a teenager and healthy she did not see turning pro as something she wanted to do at that point in her career. Nothing more or less. Nothing against anyone else. How lucky we are she did not turn pro. :)

mzheng

Record Breaker
Yeah, I think it make sense as the fair mentioned is to her. She had said in past interview as well (after 2003 national) that "I'm still young, I think I'm not hit my prime yet". I couldn't help but wondering if she read internet board or some talks pst to her that a lot fans screaming for her 'retiring' and 'over the hill'. :p

Kuchana

On the Ice
mzheng said:
Yeah, I think it make sense as the fair mentioned is to her. She had said in past interview as well (after 2003 national) that "I'm still young, I think I'm not hit my prime yet". I couldn't help but wondering if she read internet board or some talks pst to her that a lot fans screaming for her 'retiring' and 'over the hill'. :p

Well she already has the media constantly harping on her about that issue enough already along with too many fans possessing that same sentiment unfortunately.

show 42

Arm Chair Skate Fan
Record Breaker
Comments of "she's over the hill, or when is she retiring" are sour grape comments by jealous fans of other skaters..........no more, no less.....I personally hopes she continues to skate for many more years.......42

R.D.

Record Breaker
show 42 said:
Comments of "she's over the hill, or when is she retiring" are sour grape comments by jealous fans of other skaters..........no more, no less.....I personally hopes she continues to skate for many more years.......42

You know, I hear these comments made by fans that they wish for a dominant skater (MK in this case) to retire, and I can't help but think what the skaters THEMSELVES think...I think they would be more proud of a win knowing that they managed to beat someone at the top to get it, rather than just winning w/less or no competition. I mean, look at Cohen's comments (posted somewhere I think) about what it felt like for her to (insert finally, about time, etc. here for the dissenters) beat MK.

Kuchana

On the Ice
Red Dog said:
You know, I hear these comments made by fans that they wish for a dominant skater (MK in this case) to retire, and I can't help but think what the skaters THEMSELVES think...I think they would be more proud of a win knowing that they managed to beat someone at the top to get it, rather than just winning w/less or no competition. I mean, look at Cohen's comments (posted somewhere I think) about what it felt like for her to (insert finally, about time, etc. here for the dissenters) beat MK.

True and then there are the fans of skaters who want Michelle to stay in long enough so their skater can beat her, too:)