Ice Girls | Golden Skate

Ice Girls

Ladskater

~ Figure Skating Is My Passion ~
Record Breaker
This was a documentary made a couple of years ago by CTV and the BBC. The program followed three prospective young female skaters - Keyla Ohs from North Vancouver,BC - trained part-time by Karen Magnussen (it was fabulous to see Karen again!!!) and Karen's former coach - Linda Brauchman. Also two girls from the UK - one from England and the other from Scotland were profiled. The girls were each preparing for the 2001 Worlds championships held here in Vancouver and for the Olympics.

I had seen the program before, but watched it again. I remember how promissing Keyla was and how disappointing it was when she left the skating scene. It was interesting to watch how each girl dealt with their nerves and the stress of the competitive life and how the skating world effected and shaped their lives.

The program really took a behind the scenes look at what these skaters go through and demystified the glamourous side of competing.

Very well done!

miffy

Rinkside
I remember seeing that on BBC before the Olympics, i thought it was very interesting. I think both the British girls have stopped competing too - neither of them was at Nationals.