Jerry Orbach, of Law and Order - died | Golden Skate

Jerry Orbach, of Law and Order - died

Ladskater

~ Figure Skating Is My Passion ~
Record Breaker
One of my favorite actors from the series Law and Order - Jerry Orbach - who played Detective Lenny Briscoe, died on Tues. He was 69. He will be missed.

:cry:

iluvtodd

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Even though I never stayed up late enough to watch Law & Order, I was very fond of Jerry Orbach as the father/doctor in Dirty Dancing. I loved his role as the voice talent of Lumiere (my favorite character in the Disney movie) in "Beauty & the Beast." He was too young to pass away, how sad :cry: I will certainly miss him.

I, too, know him best as "Baby's" Dad in Dirty Dancing....
I was shocked to hear he'd passed, I'd previously heard his cancer had been discovered early and he was expected to make a full recovery. My Dad, at 74, was successfully treated for prostate cancer, so I thought Jerry had a great chance....
Very sad news. :cry:

Ladskater

~ Figure Skating Is My Passion ~
Record Breaker
NJSk8Fan said:
I, too, know him best as "Baby's" Dad in Dirty Dancing....
I was shocked to hear he'd passed, I'd previously heard his cancer had been discovered early and he was expected to make a full recovery. My Dad, at 74, was successfully treated for prostate cancer, so I thought Jerry had a great chance....
Very sad news. :cry:

Also he was on Broadway and was in the original stage production of "Chicago." He had the role as Billy Flynn played by Richard Gere in the movie. Jerry Orbach was very talented, indeed.

katherine2001

On the Ice
I will miss him very much. I remember that he had a recurring role on "Murder She Wrote" as well. I saw him in so many things over the years, and I thought he was such a good actor. He did everything from dramas to musicals. He was very versatile. I was looking forward to seeing him in the new "Law and Order" series he was supposed to be in.

I will miss him a lot and my thoughts and prayers are with his family.

BronzeisGolden

Medalist
Oh, how sad! I didn't even know about this. My older sister forced me to watch "Dirty Dancing" 87 times.....I loved him as Jennifer Grey's father. I also got to catch him in a couple of "Law and Order" episodes and really enjoyed him. What a shame!