Quote of the Day - January | Page 2 | Golden Skate

Quote of the Day - January

4dogknight

Final Flight
January 19th

Music is everybody's possession. It's only publishers who think that people own it.
--John Lennon

4dk

4dogknight

Final Flight
January 20th

Time is a sort of river of passing events, and strong is its current; no sooner is a thing brought to sight than it is swept by and another takes its place, and this too will be swept away.
-- Marcus Aurelius Antoninus

4dk

4dogknight

Final Flight
January 21st

It is said an Eastern monarch once charged his wise men to invent him a sentence, to be ever in view, and which should be true and appropriate in all times and situations. They presented him the words: And this, too, shall pass away.
-- Abraham Lincoln

4dk

4dogknight

Final Flight
January 22nd

I am reminded of the professor who, in his declining hours, was asked by his devoted pupils for his final counsel. He replied, 'Verify your quotations. '
Sir Winston Churchill

4dk

4dogknight

Final Flight
January 23rd

Without leaps of imagination, or dreaming, we lose the excitement of possibilities. Dreaming, after all, is a form of planning.
-- Gloria Steinem

4dk

4dogknight

Final Flight
January 24th

Every day I live I am more convinced that the waste of life lies in the love we have not given, the powers we have not used, the selfish prudence that will risk nothing and which, shirking pain, misses happiness as well.
-- Mary Cholmondeley

4dk

4dogknight

Final Flight
January 25th

There are three things which are real: God, human folly, and laughter. The first two are beyond our comprehension. So we must do what we can with the third.
-- John Fitzgerald Kennedy

4dk

4dogknight

Final Flight
January 27th

The greatest of faults, I should say, is to be conscious of none.
Thomas Carlyle

4dk

4dogknight

Final Flight
January 28th

If you hear a different drummer -- dreamer, take a chance . . . The road you choose to travel means the difference in the dance.
-- D. Morgan

4dk

4dogknight

Final Flight
January 29th

Justice, sir, is the great interest of man on earth. It is the ligament which holds civilized beings and civilized nations together.
-- Daniel Webster

4dk

4dogknight

Final Flight
January 31st

The true measure of a man is how he treats someone who can do him absolutely no good.
--Samuel Johnson

4dk