Any news on Yag - his hip - surgery? Participation? | Golden Skate

Any news on Yag - his hip - surgery? Participation?

S

shdotz

Any news on Yag - his hip - surgery? Participation?

I haven't seen any recent news about Yagudin.

Is he still skating or is he temporarily out due to his hip.

Surgery?

Any one?

Thanks, sh

K

Kasey

Re: Any news on Yag - his hip - surgery? Participation?

Last I heard, he was still skating with Stars on Ice, which I think concludes in mid-late April....and was supposed to be looking at where to have the hip surgery done after that. I don't know if there is any more recent news. I saw him in SOI in January and he was AWESOME! Can't wait till he can (hopefully) come back to eligable skating! Kasey

E

Ewdokia

Thanks for the article. I remember that I red somewhere else that Yagudin will be at worlds - but just as a spectator. It would be quite interesting to see him there sitting first row watching Plushy's performance. I wonder to which extent this could effect Plushenko's skate, as there was a quite similar situation at last years Russian nationals.
If Yagudin decides to return to the amteur circuit the next year's RN will be a real showdown, as I assume that they'll only have two spots for Worlds in the upcoming season.

S

shdotz

Thanks for the article.

My hope is that he takes time to rest as well as practice so that we can again see his gorgeous, powerful skating.

His attitude is different than any other I've seen in the last 15 years. He just gets out there and gives skating his all; yes, he is also wise enough to be careful at times and at the Olympics it paid off. Big Time.

Thanks again, sh

E

Ewdokia

Shdotz - I agree, watching that man in competition is great. There are so many skaters who don't seem to feel convenient during actual competion, but for Yagudin the pressure and the crowd just seems to be a necessity.
I really wish him to make a comeback BUT only if it won't effect his health for the future. Meanwhile we, his fans, can comfort ourselves with weekly dozes of tapes of "Winter" and Yagudin's other great performances.

K

Kasey

Yes, thank you for the article...he sounds good and happy!

S

shdotz

Thanks for the excellent articles, Dee4707.

I'm glad Yag is hungry to skate, to compete, and to win; I'm glad he's concerned about his hip. We only get two in this life and of course there are replacements.

I think he'll heal if he gets physical therapy, eats nutritionally, and basically listens to his doctors.

It's gotta be hard for him to not skate. He is so good and so dynamic. Words don't tell that story. It's a passion he has for skating that we like - and his body and how it moves.

I hope he takes the time to heal and then slowly return to his wonderful self.

sh

D

Dee4707

<blockquote><strong><em>Quote:</em></strong><hr>I hope he takes the time to heal and then slowly returns to his wonderful self.[/quote]
I hope so too.:rolleyes: :rolleyes: I would like at least just one more year of competitive life out of him, more if he could, but just one more year, and he has to have super-duper programs and win every competition. I know I'm selfish but I really want just one more year, <span style="color:maroon;font-family:comic sans ms;font-size:x-small;">(and then another, ha,ha).</span>:D

Dee :smokin: :smokin:

S

shdotz

Yep, another year would be excellent.

Time to tape more of Yag and then watch and rewatch his marvelous body and attitude move over the ice. I just get happy watching him skate. What a Blessing!

First, he has to heal. Maybe we'll see him in the audience at Worlds. That would be neat.

sh