College Bowl Games | Golden Skate

College Bowl Games

Piel

On Edge
Record Breaker
How is your favorite doing? Mathman goodluck today to Michigan in the Rose Bowl. I may never get a chance to say this again but for NOW............

WVU :love: :love: :love: is AHEAD of Florida State 12 to 10!!!

LET's GOOOOOOOOOOO MOUNTAINEERS!

Mountaineers 18, Seminoles 30. :cry:

Michigan 37, Texas 38. :cry:

But did you hear the Gator Bowl announcers going on about how much they looked forward to seeing the Brian Boitano skating special that followed the game? There were so many penalties in the last few minutes (a Gator Bowl record) that the game went way overtime. I guess they had to fill up the dead air, since there was nothing left to say about football, plus they didn't want all their audience to switch over to the Rose Bowl.

I especially liked this exchange: Play-by-play guy: "Kristi Yamaguchi is my favorite figure skater, because she has kept up her skills. She can still do all the hard elements even as a touring pro."

Color analyst: "Oh, and what elements are that?"

(Long pause) First guy, "Uh, well, she can do triple jumps."

BTW, I really liked John Zimmerman's solo number.

Mathman

Piel

On Edge
Record Breaker
I thought for awhile that my guys might actually win this one. Too bad about Rasheed Marshall being injured...don't know if that was the difference or not??? It was nice for a change that the other team was penalized even more than we were, LOL..

Sorry about Michigan...one point YIKES!

I wonder if they had to pay the announcers extra for the skating plug? BTW Brian's show didn't start here until after 4:30 so we only saw 90 minutes. We got the opening and the finale so I am not sure what we missed. Getting to see Johnny Z. did help make up for Gator Bowl disappointment ;) ! What did you think of Brian's singing? Steven Cousins is adorable but I could not understand a word he said.