Brian Boitano Sings ! | Golden Skate

Brian Boitano Sings !

S

SkateFan4Life

Did any of you see the Brian Boitano skating show that was aired from Las Vegas? Brian started the show with singing (his voice) in the audience, then he advanced to the rink and started to skate. IMHO, he has a pretty good singing voice, not great, but certainly decent.

ChrisC

Spectator
I thought he was OK. Sounded a little nervous. But I think he needs more practice. Maybe he'll sing again. Liked the show despite the cuts, the excessive commercials. Can't wait to see it whole on ESPN in March.
ChrisC

S

SkateFan4Life

ChrisC said:
I thought he was OK. Sounded a little nervous. But I think he needs more practice. Maybe he'll sing again. Liked the show despite the cuts, the excessive commercials. Can't wait to see it whole on ESPN in March.
ChrisC

I'd be a little nervous, too, if I sang in front of 10,000+ people! :biggrin:
I have a decent soprano singing voice, but I'm not about to put my neck on the line. :rofl:
I was annoyed that the football game cut into the broadcast in the East Coast. We lost the first 20 minutes. :mad:

Piel

On Edge
Record Breaker
SkateFan4Life said:
I was annoyed that the football game cut into the broadcast in the East Coast. We lost the first 20 minutes. :mad:

Hey, that was my alma mater that LOST that football game :cry: ! We missed part of it too but I'm not sure what part. We got the opening with Brian singing and we got the finale, so what did they omit???

At least he was singing live (as far as I could tell) and not lip-synching. Did you notice how out of breath he was after his skate, when he was trying to announce the cast?

Mathman

Piel

On Edge
Record Breaker
"I've Got The World On A String". It was kind of a rat pack meets the Ice Capades, LOL.. Silvia Fontana and Johnny Z. have got to be one of the most attractive couples on earth.

euterpe

Medalist
II had the TV on and I was in another room when I heard this completely off-pitch voice. I wondered who was allowed to sing like that on TV and went to see that it was Boitano.

Stick to skating, Brian, and restrict your singing to the shower.

childfreegirl

Final Flight
euterpe said:
II had the TV on and I was in another room when I heard this completely off-pitch voice. I wondered who was allowed to sing like that on TV and went to see that it was Boitano.

I noticed that too. I could've done without it, myself.

Jaana

Record Breaker
Country
Finland
euterpe said:

ROTFL, I have not seen the show, but had a huuuge laugh as I read the remarks above. Thanks so much, I needed that laugh...

Linny

Final Flight
Not completely

It didn't sound completely off-pitch to me... not perfect but not totally bad. Some notes were derned close.

Interesting, Brian's speaking voice is sometimes a tad effeminate... or maybe just a bit nasal in the way that some people call effeminate. His singing voice was not nasal, at least not to my ears.

Linny

merrywidow

Record Breaker
I didn't think he was all that bad, either. Hey! If Robin Cousins sings & Nancy Kerrigan sings then why not Boitano? Look at the skaters who think they should become great Hollywood actors. :rofl:

euterpe

Medalist
Willie Nelson has a nasal voice, but his voice quality is decent, and he sings on pitch. Boitano isn't bad because he has a nasal voice, he's bad because he's always slightly off pitch. IMHO there's nothing worse than a singer who's almost on pitch. To me, it's like chalk scratching on a blackboard.

Dee4707

Ice Is Slippery - Alexie Yagudin
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Can anyone tell me how Carly Paterson fit into the show. She should have sang a tune or two. I didn't like the show at all.

Dee

Dee4707 said:
Can anyone tell me how Carly Paterson fit into the show. She should have sang a tune or two. I didn't like the show at all.
She was cute, but the content of her programs was such a disappointment compared to the programs she does at competitions.

MM

Piel

On Edge
Record Breaker
It was especially entertaining to watch her powder up her hands :sheesh: . Where was the editor?

Jhar55

Medalist
I didn't know that Brian was singing, but then it did come on late here. Carly Patterson no it didn't fit into the show but give Brian a hand in trying to showcase her. The speed skater he had on his show last year didn't fit either.

SingAlto

On the Ice
Brian was nervous. He was not totally off key. I've heard him sing before, in less stressful situations, and his voice is very nice. I've sung in front of a lot of people before, and it's not easy. My legs felt like noodles and my heart was hammering like crazy. Kudos to Brian for having the courage to do it.