You have GOT to see this picture...unless you've already | Golden Skate

You have GOT to see this picture...unless you've already

R

realistic51

You have GOT to see this picture...unless you've already

seen it!!!! Gives a new meaning to "contortionistic" spirals!!!

www.frogsonice.com/skatew...ryan-2.jpg

Take a look at the audience's faces right in front of her. And note the young girl in the pink with her head back as if to say..."I can't believe this is figure skating".:rollin:

I'm trying to post more so I can get the "on the ice" out from under my name. It's starting to get cold out here on my own.:smokin:

S

Spirit889

Re: You have GOT to see this picture...unless you've already

<strong>Some photos were made for captions.</strong>

-- "I...just...can't...reach...that...itch!"

-- Feeling that figure skating was becoming too much of a "jump-fest," the ISU recently began requiring skaters to perform at least two upside-down backward "semaphore signal" moves during each short program.

-- Disney's "Yoga On Ice" tour wasn't the hit they were hoping it would be.

-- "Somebody call my chiropractor! I'm stuck in this position and I can't get out of it!"

-- "Gimme a <em>Y</em>!"

R

RED DOG45

Who is that? I can't really tell...

P

peachstatesk8er

I'd be more impressed if she was doing that without holding herself up by wrapping her arm around her leg.

R

realistic51

I'd like to see someone

do that in person...LOL!

It's Kim Ryan, Red Dog.

And spirit, please quit...I've got tears rolling down my face from laughing so hard...:rollin:

Especially the "Give me a Y"...omg!!!!!!!!!!

L

lottafs

Re: I'd like to see someone

My caption for this:

The new meaning for the move "spread eagle".

K

Kasey

Oh my God! The first thing that comes to my mind is one of those "Summer's Eve" commercials..."Do you ever feel, you know, not so fresh?" LOLOL

That's not Sasha C? Wow, someone else is doing that spiral, cool...Kasey

S

sk8ing lady2001

All I can say about that is <strong>wow</strong>! :eek:

M

MoonliteSonata

Look at the people in the back...they must not like the view!:lol: :lol: :rollin:

J

Joesitz

Who says Vaudeville is dead?

Joe

C

CuteGreekGoddess

<span style="color:blue;font-family:comic sans ms;font-size:x-small;"><strong>
hahaha moonlightsonata LOL </strong></span>

I

Idleracer

[c]<font size=4><font color="#608000">Sasha Cohen and Laurent Tobel also do that move, sans the arm wrapped around the leg. I wonder what else this Ryan girl can do. (I've only seen stills of her, not film footage). Meanwhile, if anyone is interested in seeing an extremely weird picture of Olev Ovsiannikov in which he appears to have three arms, click on the little box below:
<font size=7><a href="http://www.spotlight-productions.de/deutsch/upcoming/oleg.jpg" target="_new"></a><font size=2>

R

RealtorGal

<span style="color:blue;font-family:georgia;font-size:small;">Now that is just TOO strange!</span> 0] :eek:

S

sk8guy2k2

weird...

R

realistic51

This spiral

Nicole Bobek and Michelle Kwan also have done this move. Michelle's version doesn't have the back position that Nicole or Sasha do.

I think it looks more difficult with the arm wrapped around the leg. Seems to me having two arms to gain your balance is better than just one.

But does it look like the crowd enjoys being flashed?:rollin:

S

Show 42

Re: This spiral

I think we need to rename the sport from figure skating to "figure it out skating"....my back hurts just looking at her..42

R

rgirl181

Now remember folks, she is moving while she's in this position, as in skating across the ice. So it's not like she's just lifting her leg and saying "HI EVERYBODY!" And for those born with the ability to do that kind of thing, it really doesn't hurt. Seeing somebody do lots and lots of 3/3s--that's what makes me go "Ouch!"

It is a funny picture, though. And Kasey, you just about read my mind:lol: What I got was, "Have you had your sprinkle today?"

I can't wait for this girl to be on TV so we can hear what Dick and Peggy have to say!
Rgirl

D

Dee4707

Rgirl181, you should start another contest to name this move. I see the Beaver Cleaver has become popular on other boards. Couldn't stop laughing when I read the BC on another board.:lol: :lol:

Dee

S

Spirit889

<blockquote><strong><em>Quote:</em></strong><hr>Rgirl181, you should start another contest to name this move. I see the Beaver Cleaver has become popular on other boards.[/quote]

Okay, I <em>must</em> know the story behind the BC move.

It doesn't involve anyone named "Witt," does it? :p

L

Ladskater

That's some bend!

"Sasha Cohen eat your heart out" or

"Let's see YOU do this!!!!"

Ladskater