Stars on Ice Tour | Page 2 | Golden Skate

Stars on Ice Tour

Jaana

Record Breaker
Country
Finland
Mathman said:
Hockeyfan, you kicked Misha Berson's butt! You should apply for a job as peforming arts critic for the Times!

MM

Well, I think both are great reviews! The one by Misha Berson maybe a bit more critical, perhaps? LOL, as written by a theater critic... Anyway, I really liked this Ilia excerpt in the article:

>>Also thrilling was the appearances by guest star Olympic gold medalist Ilia Kulik. There's no more assured jumper, or creative skater, than this rosy-cheeked dynamo, whose tight, airy spins and powerful eloquence ignited the ballad "A House is Not a Home." Even better: Kulik's inventive jazz-funk groove to "Green Tomatoes," a crowd-pleaser studded with flawless triple jumps, Russian split jumps, bopping footwork and keen musicality. >

Last edited:

Piel

On Edge
Record Breaker
The spotlight shines brightest, though, on the solo and duo acts. And on that score, the evening's highlight reel would begin with smashing turns by figure-skating team Kyoko Ina and John Zimmerman, who use their dexterity, boldness and height disparity to maximum advantage.

Skating to Maroon 5's "Harder to Breathe," for instance, the strapping Zimmerman threw his petite, whirling partner across the ice with the ease of someone tossing off a silk scarf. So why hasn't this pair scored an Olympic medal yet? You got me.

:rock: :rock: :rock:

tvcats

Rinkside
given the music list for this show, I don't know that Plushy himself could get me there

Did you ever see Plushy on any COI tours? I like him, but yowzers @ some of his musical choices. ;)

...the evening's highlight reel would begin with smashing turns by figure-skating team Kyoko Ina and John Zimmerman, who use their dexterity, boldness and height disparity to maximum advantage.
That is so true. They have a dismount where he just slams her down from over his head straight into the ice head-first. The only thing that saves her is, because he is so tall she can skim through his legs with only her ponytail brushing the ice!

MM

PrincessLeppard

~ Evgeni's Sex Bomb ~
Final Flight
tvcats said:
Did you ever see Plushy on any COI tours? I like him, but yowzers @ some of his musical choices. ;)

Sex Bomb? I love Sex Bomb. Carmen? Love it. St. Petersburg 300? Love it.

Before that? He was just a cute kid with a Biellman, so I, uh, didn't pay as much attention to his musical choices.

But having said all that, if you love contemporary pop music, SOI will probably be a great delight to you, and there's nothing wrong with that. But unless you want a mad woman screaming in agony as Michael Bolton or Maroon 5 warble, it's probably preferable that I'm not there. :)