Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Stars on Ice Tour

Custom Title
    Princess Leppard, I promise you - the "writhing worm", LOL, is gone!

As for calling his fabric a "giant diaper"...well, maybe it starts out that way, but soon it transforms into an ethereal ribbon of sensual movement...or something like that.

Now get yourself a ticket and go - maybe Plushy will be a "surprise" special guest star....okay, that's a stretch...but still - a great way to spend a couple of hours.

~ Evgeni's Sex Bomb ~
    Zanzibar, given the music list for this show, I don't know that Plushy himself could get me there. I have a very low tolerance for overwrought schmaltz and also for cheese (Shout?), and although I love Robbie Williams, Todd skating to him makes want to run screaming from the building....

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by eliza88
    What are the SOI organizers thinking? Sure historically the reigning Ladies OGM is the headliner but with the current cast Sarah as the headliner doesn't make sense! Yags is tops, Ilia is electric, Todd is superb, Yuka is amazing, the Pairs are fantastic, and Sarah is well, Sarah--a wonderfully competitive skater for a few years, skate of her life when it mattered, a bright young woman, and a wonderful role model. IMO not a headliner yet--but I'd love to see her get back into shape and become one!

I think it could do with the fact she's an American OGM winner... Yes, Todd is an American.. But not an OGM winner.. I'm thinking that's the reason.. Don't get me wrong.. I am just wondering if that's the case... Being it's in the USA, she's an American lady who won Olympic Gold...

Order doesn't matter to me... I just care when I see my favorites... I'd love it if B&S had three programs any place in the show.....

Denise...

Custom Title
    Here the link for Seattle Times SOI article, that is really worth to read:

http://seattletimes.nwsource.com/htm...rsonice07.html

Thanks for the link, Jaana.

Hockeyfan, you kicked Misha Berson's butt! You should apply for a job as peforming arts critic for the Times!

MM

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Mathman
    Hockeyfan, you kicked Misha Berson's butt! You should apply for a job as peforming arts critic for the Times!

MM
    Well, I think both are great reviews! The one by Misha Berson maybe a bit more critical, perhaps? LOL, as written by a theater critic... Anyway, I really liked this Ilia excerpt in the article:

>>Also thrilling was the appearances by guest star Olympic gold medalist Ilia Kulik. There's no more assured jumper, or creative skater, than this rosy-cheeked dynamo, whose tight, airy spins and powerful eloquence ignited the ballad "A House is Not a Home." Even better: Kulik's inventive jazz-funk groove to "Green Tomatoes," a crowd-pleaser studded with flawless triple jumps, Russian split jumps, bopping footwork and keen musicality. >
    Last edited by Jaana; 01-07-2005 at 03:56 PM.

The spotlight shines brightest, though, on the solo and duo acts. And on that score, the evening's highlight reel would begin with smashing turns by figure-skating team Kyoko Ina and John Zimmerman, who use their dexterity, boldness and height disparity to maximum advantage.

Skating to Maroon 5's "Harder to Breathe," for instance, the strapping Zimmerman threw his petite, whirling partner across the ice with the ease of someone tossing off a silk scarf. So why hasn't this pair scored an Olympic medal yet? You got me.

On the Ice
    given the music list for this show, I don't know that Plushy himself could get me there
    Did you ever see Plushy on any COI tours? I like him, but yowzers @ some of his musical choices.

...the evening's highlight reel would begin with smashing turns by figure-skating team Kyoko Ina and John Zimmerman, who use their dexterity, boldness and height disparity to maximum advantage.
    That is so true. They have a dismount where he just slams her down from over his head straight into the ice head-first. The only thing that saves her is, because he is so tall she can skim through his legs with only her ponytail brushing the ice!

MM

~ Evgeni's Sex Bomb ~
    Quote Originally Posted by tvcats
    Did you ever see Plushy on any COI tours? I like him, but yowzers @ some of his musical choices.
    Sex Bomb? I love Sex Bomb. Carmen? Love it. St. Petersburg 300? Love it.

Before that? He was just a cute kid with a Biellman, so I, uh, didn't pay as much attention to his musical choices.

But having said all that, if you love contemporary pop music, SOI will probably be a great delight to you, and there's nothing wrong with that. But unless you want a mad woman screaming in agony as Michael Bolton or Maroon 5 warble, it's probably preferable that I'm not there.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2