Sideways | Golden Skate

Sideways

Has someone posted a review of this movie before? Anyway, I got to see it and to describe it would make it sound boring but it is not. It's about two blokes driving through the wine country of California and in a picaresque way encounter so many incidents that run the gamut of emotions. Check it out if you are interested in Academy Awards. This one will be nominated, imo.

(I got a new look at wine tasting and my favorite, Pinot Noir, gets good coverage. When I left the theatre I was dying for a glass of wine. :laugh:)

Joe

Ladskater

~ Figure Skating Is My Passion ~
Record Breaker
Joesitz said:
Has someone posted a review of this movie before? Anyway, I got to see it and to describe it would make it sound boring but it is not. It's about two blokes driving through the wine country of California and in a picaresque way encounter so many incidents that run the gamut of emotions. Check it out if you are interested in Academy Awards. This one will be nominated, imo.

(I got a new look at wine tasting and my favorite, Pinot Noir, gets good coverage. When I left the theatre I was dying for a glass of wine. :laugh:)

Joe

Thanks for the review! My hubby wants to see this one. Unfortunately, it is only playing in downtown Vancouver. We may have to wait until it comes out on DVD or Video.

Dee4707

Ice Is Slippery - Alexie Yagudin
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Joesitz said:
(I got a new look at wine tasting and my favorite, Pinot Noir, gets good coverage. When I left the theatre I was dying for a glass of wine. :laugh:)Joe

Thanks Joe for the suggestion. I think I will go and have a couple of glasses. :biggrin:

Dee

Antilles

Medalist
I've been wanting to see it, but it hasn't been in London as of yet. I'm hoping our downtown theathre will eventually get it. Thanks for the review. Paul Giamatti is in the film, isn't he? I like his acting. Í'm interested in seeing Thomas Haden Church as someone other than "Lowell".

Vash01

Medalist
I have seen this movie. I was slightly disappointed because of the rave reviews it got. It has its pluses- unusual storyline, lack of violence, excellent acting by the main characters (paricularly Paul Giamatti, and his buddy in the movie Thomas Hayden....?), plenty of laughs, good cinematography. However, it has its negatives. The excessive and lengthy discussions about various wines got me bored. IMO even among wine drinkers (I don't drink alcohol), not everyone would want to know all the details about wines. The movie drags in parts. The other problem I had was - unnecessary nudity. I am not against nudity in movies but if a character must be seen naked to generate laughter, it's not a particularly high quality humor. Of course that is just my preference and I am not judging those who feel differently.
Overall, a funny movie but not as great as the critics said.

Vash