Sasha's practice report | Golden Skate

Sasha's practice report

millie

Medalist
If you want to see how Sasha did at her exhibition skating performance yesterday and see photos go Sasha's Fan Forum. According to KeraBee, Sasha skated through her Dark Eyes SP and it was beautiful. :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock:

bronxgirl

Medalist
And the fact remains that Sasha is a magnificent practice skater. Her problems comes from stepping on the ice when the program counts and her nerves get in the way.

Eeyora

Final Flight
I have had a feeling Sasha will be ready for Nationals. Afterall that has been her plan all along. I have had a feeling that she would surprise us all however. However we also must not forget the short program is her strength.

Kuchana

On the Ice
Eeyora said:
I have had a feeling Sasha will be ready for Nationals. Afterall that has been her plan all along. I have had a feeling that she would surprise us all however. However we also must not forget the short program is her strength.

And that her long is her weakness :laugh:

Sounds to me she is out to get Kwan which is what she should be doing but is she concentrating on being her best when she skates regardless of Kwan.

Thanks so much for posting this, Millie.

If you want to check it out, the practice report is here:

http://www.sashafans.com/forum/showthread.php?t=9515&page=3&pp=15

(scroll down to post #41, by KeraBee. KeraBee is a skater that trains at the same rink as Sasha.)

Pictures by KeraBee, enhanced by HoneyGirl are here:

http://www.sashafans.com/forum/showthread.php?t=9515&page=5&pp=15

(post #62, by HoneyGal.)

BTW, Sashafans.com is an excellent fan site. They know how to love their skater without feeling any need to bash her rivals. :agree:

The discussion on that thread has now turned to the perception that Sasha has grown in the last year. She seems both taller and fuller to those who have watched her practice. There is speculation as to whether that had anything to do with her back problems.

Check it out. You don't have to register to read the posts.

Mathman:)

Piel

On Edge
Record Breaker
BTW, Sashafans.com is an excellent fan site. They know how to love their skater without feeling any need to bash her rivals.

:rofl: There are a couple of exGSers over there that have had some lovely things to say about Michelle...NOT!

VIETgrlTerifa

Record Breaker
Mathman said:
Hey Piel, you can catch more flies with honey than with vinegar, I always say. :laugh:

MM ;)

I guess some people wouldn't want to catch those flies. Oh well, nice try Mathman.

Piel

On Edge
Record Breaker
Larry you have got to be the nicest person in the world. :)

Courtneysk8s

Match Penalty
Mathman said:
BTW, Sashafans.com is an excellent fan site. They know how to love their skater without feeling any need to bash her rivals.
Mathman:)

They are among the most biased fans I've ever encountered! Maybe they don't bash her rivals (though I disagree with that, they have had plenty of harsh things to say about anyone who is a threat to Sasha!), but they sure aren't kind to anyone who offers anything less that glowing comments about Sasha regardless of her performances. Sorry, but I have to give that site a big thumbs down!

R.D.

Record Breaker
Courtneysk8s said:
They are among the most biased fans I've ever encountered! Maybe they don't bash her rivals (though I disagree with that, they have had plenty of harsh things to say about anyone who is a threat to Sasha!), but they sure aren't kind to anyone who offers anything less that glowing comments about Sasha regardless of her performances. Sorry, but I have to give that site a big thumbs down!

I agree...and also, the same can be said for any other skater-specific forum. If you don't worship their idol, you won't be too warmly received...

Jaana

Record Breaker
Country
Finland
Well, I sure hope that at Nationals Sasha will fully concentrate on her own skating only and doing it as well as possible. By now she should have learned to forget thoughts about winning and medals, and hopefully understands how to be relaxed but not too relaxed. To find the right degree is important, a degree that works for her in a competitive situation.

Last edited:
Red Dog said:
I agree...and also, the same can be said for any other skater-specific forum. If you don't worship their idol, you won't be too warmly received...
Well, that's the nature of a fan site. That's why there are also general discussion boards, like this one, where fans of all skaters can mingle.

MM

Kuchana

On the Ice
Red Dog said:

Yet there are some that are worse than others....LOL :laugh: