Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 28

Thread: Just WHY does everyone think that I'm...

  1. #1
    Down With It
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    13,543

    Just WHY does everyone think that I'm...

    ...a fan of Cohen?

    Maybe I'm overreacting, but this has got the better of me. I'm just very curious now, and want to clear this up. What's in my posting style, or what did I say that makes people think this? I NEVER recall stating that I like her or that I wanted her to win something. Someone in this please enlighten me...

  2. #2
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Posts
    23
    Did you say something less than glowing about Michelle Kwan? Because if you did, not that it matters to me, I don't care which skaters anyone likes, some people might take that to mean that you are a big Sasha fan. I've found that that happens frequently, only for me it was the other way around. I dared to say something critical about Sasha's poor performance at Marshalls, and all her uber-fans (the scary ones) were like, "Oh, I bet you're just a Michelle fan so you cut down Sasha to make Michelle look good" even though I never stated that I prefer one skater over the other. ANd in reality, neither of them are my favorites. My heart would not break if they both retired right now!

  3. #3
    Woman of the Waters
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    CA
    Posts
    343
    Quote Originally Posted by Red Dog
    ...a fan of Cohen?

    Maybe I'm overreacting, but this has got the better of me. I'm just very curious now, and want to clear this up. What's in my posting style, or what did I say that makes people think this? I NEVER recall stating that I like her or that I wanted her to win something. Someone in this please enlighten me...
    LOL In my defense, I've never thought you were a fan of Cohen's.....ok maybe once but you dispelled any notion of that so be at ease I think it's evident that you're NOT a fan of Cohen so no worries

  4. #4
    Down With It
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    13,543
    Quote Originally Posted by Courtneysk8s
    Did you say something less than glowing about Michelle Kwan? Because if you did, not that it matters to me, I don't care which skaters anyone likes, some people might take that to mean that you are a big Sasha fan. I've found that that happens frequently, only for me it was the other way around. I dared to say something critical about Sasha's poor performance at Marshalls, and all her uber-fans (the scary ones) were like, "Oh, I bet you're just a Michelle fan so you cut down Sasha to make Michelle look good" even though I never stated that I prefer one skater over the other. ANd in reality, neither of them are my favorites. My heart would not break if they both retired right now!
    A couple of skating seasons ago, the old-timers will remember that I was cheering for "anyone but Kwan" to win 2003 Nationals. I had nothing against MK but I just wanted someone else to win, you know? Maybe this rubbed off on some of the more opinionated posters as someone who was a Cohen fan. The mentality used to be (and maybe still is) that if you didn't like Kwan, you were a fan of Cohen. I never was crazy over MK, so maybe there's something in what you say? As I said before, this totally baffles me so I had to start a separate inquiry thread...

    LOL In my defense, I've never thought you were a fan of Cohen's.....ok maybe once but you dispelled any notion of that so be at ease I think it's evident that you're NOT a fan of Cohen so no worries
    Thanks, Kuchana Come to think of it, I think it's only the posters who have been here for a really long time that seem to think I'm a Cohen fan. Posting a couple articles doesn't make you a fan of someone's.
    _______________________________

    The really funny thing about all this is, with the same "logic" that certain posters are using here to determine who is a fan of who, you could also say I'm a fan of MK because I post at MKF, post articles here about her, and scanned a couple of articles about her. Not to mention I eat chicken! (OK, I shouldn't have said that, but I hope you all get the point). And the long-time posters here know where I stand re. Kwan, so that's a moot point. You could also call me a Slutskaya fan- I read and used to post over at her fan board (only a couple of times). What about Suguri? I made a couple posts a few years ago at a fan forum of hers. Arakawa? Posted a fansite on this forum somewhere. Are you guys going to call me a fan of hers as well?

    And here comes my disclaimer: I'm not a fan of any of the above skaters I mentioned, ESPECIALLY COHEN.

  5. #5
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Posts
    908
    When someone takes the time to make screen caps of a skater hmmm....

  6. #6
    Tripping on the Podium
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Posts
    73
    U.S. Nationals cheer

    for Red Dog


    Sasha C., her reign is done,
    She'll never make the podium!

    Shelly thinks the gold's a gimme,
    As for me, I'll go with Kimmie!

    Kimmie, Kimmie, she's my lady!
    If she falls, then let's go Katy!

    Katy, Katy's skating well,
    If she falters, go Shanell!

    Noji, Noji's paid her dues!
    It's her time -- or is it Hughes'?

    Emily will swirl and spin
    But can she hold off Katherine?

    Kathy Hadford -- break a leg!
    She's my favorite -- also, Meg!

    Jane, Danielle, I like 'em all,
    And don't forget Steph Rosenthal!

    Lissa Czisny, go, go, go!
    Hooray for Ricky Archambault!

    That’s my list, now let’s throw down!
    Cohen, Kwan, get out of town!

    -- Pete

  7. #7
    Down With It
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    13,543
    Quote Originally Posted by gezando
    When someone takes the time to make screen caps of a skater hmmm....
    If you click link in my sig, and register at my forum, you'll see that there are screencaps of EVERY ladies skater that's skated this season, including Cohen (and all of the other ladies as well, mind you) at the Marshall's competition. Now, how that translates into being a fan of Cohen, I'm just totally

    You know, Gezando, if you're so desperate and want to go by amount of screencaps I've made of each skater, better to call me an Irina fan or Shizuka fan. I've made the most screencaps of them...oh wait, is that because they skated in MORE COMPETITIONS? X 100 million

  8. #8
    Down With It
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    13,543
    Quote Originally Posted by roundboypete
    U.S. Nationals cheer

    for Red Dog


    Sasha C., her reign is done,
    She'll never make the podium!

    Shelly thinks the gold's a gimme,
    As for me, I'll go with Kimmie!

    Kimmie, Kimmie, she's my lady!
    If she falls, then let's go Katy!

    Katy, Katy's skating well,
    If she falters, go Shanell!

    Noji, Noji's paid her dues!
    It's her time -- or is it Hughes'?

    Emily will swirl and spin
    But can she hold off Katherine?

    Kathy Hadford -- break a leg!
    She's my favorite -- also, Meg!

    Jane, Danielle, I like 'em all,
    And don't forget Steph Rosenthal!

    Lissa Czisny, go, go, go!
    Hooray for Ricky Archambault!

    That’s my list, now let’s throw down!
    Cohen, Kwan, get out of town!

    -- Pete
    Wow...thank you very much! (we need a clapping emoticon!) That pretty much sums up the way I feel (about Cohen and Kwan)...but of course, I'd rather just kick back, forget about cheering for anybody, and enjoy the competition...

  9. #9
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Posts
    908
    Quote Originally Posted by Red Dog
    You know, Gezando, if you're so desperate and want to go by amount of screencaps I've made of each skater, better to call me an Irina fan or Shizuka fan. I've made the most screencaps of them...oh wait, is that because they skated in MORE COMPETITIONS? X 100 million
    Desperation? I did not start a thread with the topic Red Dog is a Cohen fan!!! OTOH

    Just b./c someone is a Cohen does not mean he is not an Irina fan. But the topic of focus is Cohen fanship

  10. #10
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Posts
    1,926
    Quote Originally Posted by roundboypete
    U.S. Nationals cheer

    for Red Dog


    Sasha C., her reign is done,
    She'll never make the podium!

    Shelly thinks the gold's a gimme,
    As for me, I'll go with Kimmie!

    Kimmie, Kimmie, she's my lady!
    If she falls, then let's go Katy!

    Katy, Katy's skating well,
    If she falters, go Shanell!

    Noji, Noji's paid her dues!
    It's her time -- or is it Hughes'?

    Emily will swirl and spin
    But can she hold off Katherine?

    Kathy Hadford -- break a leg!
    She's my favorite -- also, Meg!

    Jane, Danielle, I like 'em all,
    And don't forget Steph Rosenthal!

    Lissa Czisny, go, go, go!
    Hooray for Ricky Archambault!

    That’s my list, now let’s throw down!
    Cohen, Kwan, get out of town!

    -- Pete
    This is so cute! I thoroughly enjoyed it. I forgot my back pain while reading it.

    Thanks for making my day!

    Vash

  11. #11
    Down With It
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    13,543
    Quote Originally Posted by gezando
    Desperation? I did not start a thread with the topic Red Dog is a Cohen fan!!! OTOH

    Just b./c someone is a Cohen [fan] does not mean he is not an Irina fan. But the topic of focus is Cohen fanship
    Gezando - Don't tell me you're serious...you didn't have to start a separate thread in order to state that you think I'm a Cohen fan. I see it all the time in your replies in threads where I've posted- your subtle (or not so subtle?) hints and "come out of the closet" comments. And now you're trying to say you didn't start a separate thread?
    wow.

    You still didn't answer my question...just WHAT is your reason for believing I like her? Or do you just have a bone to pick?
    Last edited by R.D.; 01-08-2005 at 04:24 PM.

  12. #12
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Posts
    1,977
    Quote Originally Posted by Red Dog
    ...a fan of Cohen?

    Maybe I'm overreacting, but this has got the better of me. I'm just very curious now, and want to clear this up. What's in my posting style, or what did I say that makes people think this? I NEVER recall stating that I like her or that I wanted her to win something. Someone in this please enlighten me...
    I think it's because you protest too much and post on the Sasha Cohen threads
    .

  13. #13
    Down With It
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    13,543
    Quote Originally Posted by soogar
    I think it's because you protest too much and post on the Sasha Cohen threads
    .

    I never knew that posting in a thread with a skater's name on it automatically makes you a fan of theirs oh, how many skaters would we all be a fan of

    But, being serious, I think people tend to jump to conclusions a bit...Personally, unless I tell you that I am a fan of so-and-so, you can safely assume that I am NOT a fan. If I like somebody, I will say so. If I don't like someone, I will say so as well. I have NEVER ever said I was a fan of Cohen (or even expressed a liking for her), hence my confusion. If I really was a Cohen fan, I would say so. I don't care if I get any flack for being that. The dissenters can deal with it. Tough. BUT, that's not the case here. and THAT's why I started this thread.

  14. #14
    Skating Freak Barbie
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    Nevada
    Posts
    1,489
    Just WHY is this in the "Voting Booth"???

  15. #15
    On Edge Piel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    Bayfield, WI
    Posts
    3,973
    Because you try to be "fair and balanced" and some folks can't stand even that for skaters that aren't their favorites.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •