Just WHY does everyone think that I'm... | Page 2 | Golden Skate

Just WHY does everyone think that I'm...

R.D.

Record Breaker
show 42 said:
Red, you could just say that you want the skater with the "best skate" to win Nationals.......huh? That could work.............. :agree: 42

Yes...it could...I'd say that the skater with the best skate should win Nationals. However, I'm not sure the above quote would work in certain cases...what if the person with the best skate happened to be Cohen? or Kwan (very likely)? :p

Kasey said:
Just WHY is this in the "Voting Booth"??? ;)
Poll: Just WHY do we think Red Dog likes Sasha?

(a) Because he does.

(b) Because we are rabid Kwanaholics who see Sasha fans hiding behind every bush.

(c) Because he protests too much.

(d) Because he is fair and balanced, like Sasha.

(e) Because he is really a Houston Rockets fan.

Piel

On Edge
Record Breaker
Mathman said:

(b) Because we are rabid Kwanaholics who see Sasha fans hiding behind every bush.

They're out there I tell you. One was lurking behind a newspaper at the park this afternoon. :biggrin: :p ;)

R.D.

Record Breaker
Mathman said:

(a) Because he does.

(c) Because he protests too much.

(d) Because he is fair and balanced, like Sasha.

(e) Because he is really a Houston Rockets fan.

:laugh: Let me go through all of them:

a) anyone in their right mind KNOWS this isn't true, end of story

b) :rofl: I vote for this one :laugh:

c) I protest because people misunderstand me. In my book, not responding to the comments means you accept them. And I don't

d) fair and balanced yes. I strongly disagree that Cohen is though :laugh: :biggrin:

e) Yes I am a Rockets fan. And I didn't want them trading Steve Francis and Cuttino Mobley for Tracy McGrady...I was one of the few here that thought that would mess up the chemistry of the team. So far I'm right here...

and what does that have to do with skating anyway? :laugh:

R.D.

Record Breaker
Seriously, I think Cohen is a bit "full of it" and comes across as too much of a "cold ice queen" for me to "like" her...Plus her skating REALLY isn't all that...she is one OVERRATED skater IMO...

Kuchana

On the Ice
soogar said:
I think it's because you protest too much and post on the Sasha Cohen threads.
:p .

Then people would have to accuse me of being a Cohen fan since I post mostly in threads about her! Take this thread for one. :laugh:

Red, just curious and in case you've mentioned it before but I didn't pay attention, just who IS your Favorite ladies skater????? Inquiring minds are so anxious to know, present company included. :biggrin:

Last edited:

R.D.

Record Breaker
Kuchana said:
Then people would have to accuse me of being a Cohen fan since I post mostly in threads about her! Take this thread for one. :laugh:

There's something in what you just said. I've been on this forum since it was an ezboard, and that's back in 2002 (I think July or August, shortly before the 2002-2003 season began), and a lot of older posters seemed to get the impression I liked Cohen. Before that, it was kind of an early period where I was "looking" to see if I liked anyone's style. During this period, I kind of swayed from skater to skater until I discovered quickly that I don't really prefer one style over the other, and became a non-fan. Actually, a bit of FYI...MKF was the first board I hung around and got registered at once I found these online forums, and that was before I knew there were general skating boards.

Red, just curious and in case you've mentioned it before but I didn't pay attention, just who IS your Favorite ladies skater????? Inquiring minds are so anxious to know, present company included. :biggrin:

I really don't have a favorite ladies skater. That's why I say "fair and balanced" below my post name- I don't have a favorite, so you won't get any biased comments from me :biggrin: and that's why I'm shocked to hear so many people calling me a Sasha fan :cry: :mad:

R.D.

Record Breaker
Also, I've spent much more time on general skating boards, and only check out skater-specific forums for news (i.e. MKF for Kwan news, SashaFans for Cohen news). Of course, I avoid them like the plague during major competitions because...well, you know darn well why :p :laugh:

I wanted Kwan to win the Olympics in 1998 and 2002. Of course, I wasn't following skating during that period like I have from 2002-present, and Kwan was the only skater I knew. Didn't know who Hughes or Cohen or even Slutskaya was (therefore, no one else to cheer for :laugh: ). It was after SLC 2002 that I discovered and came to these forums (and I had a computer at my disposal as well :p ) and checked out some skaters' sites as well. However, I never even bothered to visit a Kwan site (don't ask me why). It was months later that I discovered MKF (almost by accident too :laugh: ).

What I think of her, or any other skater, does not fit my personal definition of "fan". Therefore I don't consider myself a fan.

Cool thing for me in 2006 is, I'll actually know who these skaters are, and that'll make it that much more fun to watch :yes: