Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Michelle Will Win at Nationals

SkateFan4Life

Michelle Will Win at Nationals

IMHO, Michelle Kwan is going to walk away with a record-tying ninth National title next weekend. She's been in intensive training the last six weeks or so, and I expect her to come out and show everyone what a great champion she is.

As far as I'm concerned, the only way Kwan will lose her title is for her to fall two times or more in the long program. As wonderful as Cohen, Kirk, and the rest are, they can't hold a candle to Michelle. Again, IMHO!

Rinkside
    I think she will, too.

But I don't get all this talk about it being "easy". People are seriously underestimating Cohen, even more than the norm.

Michelle may want this "too" bad ala Olympics. She's stated several times how cosmic it would be to tie Owen and her 9 Nats. title that she might slip up. I doubt it, but the pressure this year is stronger than the last two years (which is evident by everyone giving her an easy win).

Custom Title
    Kwan is going to be really lucky if she wins -- because the "she has this in the bag" is the worst jinx anyone can give her.

Custom Title
    I think crowning Michelle the winner too early is the worst thing for her.

Kwan will never in a million years win. The podium will be Cohen, Kirk, and Nikodinov. Skate Gods did you hear that? Kwan will lose. There, that should do it!

Down With It
    Quote Originally Posted by SkateFan4Life
    IMHO, Michelle Kwan is going to walk away with a record-tying ninth National title next weekend. She's been in intensive training the last six weeks or so, and I expect her to come out and show everyone what a great champion she is.

As far as I'm concerned, the only way Kwan will lose her title is for her to fall two times or more in the long program. As wonderful as Cohen, Kirk, and the rest are, they can't hold a candle to Michelle. Again, IMHO!
    Yup. Couldn't agree more. This title has been all but handed to her, IMO.

What would Brian Boitano do?

in the immortal words of the great Doris Day

:boohoo: que sera, sera
    whatever will be, will be
    the future's not ours to see,
    que sera, sera :boohoo:

Quote Originally Posted by sk8fanconvert
    :boohoo: que sera, sera
    whatever will be, will be
    the future's not ours to see,
    que sera, sera :boohoo:

Isn't it time for the next 14-year-old phenom to jump up and throw a scare into the Kween? Tara in 1997, Naomi NN in 1999, Sasha in 2000, Kimmie (with her new triple Axel!) in 2005.

Mathman

I think if anyone knows by now that nothings a "sure thing" it's Michelle. I think she'll skate her programs her way, and hope for the best. (I would hope that by now she's learned not to listen to the media and the "hype" about herself.) 42

Custom Title
    I am rooting for Michelle to win, but I would not count anybody out. On any given day anyone can be beaten. Sasha is a formidable opponent, and very capable of beating Michelle. I just hope Michelle skates great and that it will be good enough for her to win. I don't really care if she gets a 6.0 or not.

Custom Title
    I think that Sasha is going to win this one. She knows that she is the underdog and that everyone is rooting for Michelle . She is going to come out fighting for everything and prove to all the nay sayers that she got what it takes. (Sasha please skate the programs of your life)

Custom Title
    I don't think anybody is underestimating Sasha or Michelle. Both have a chance to win. I think Michelle said it best in one interview something like she has been the favorite, underdog and in every other position there is but she goes out and skates. Just because some media and some fans are saying Michelle will win it going away, I don't think that's her mind set. She goes and skates to the best of her ability and that's what she will do come Nationals, let the chips fall were they may. When she lets go and skates from the heart we are all in for a treat. Go Michelle

Custom Title
    When has Sasha EVER been the underdog at Nationals? People can post whatever they'd like, but the judges are itching to crown someone new and the media is waiting for a new darling.
    Sasha hasn't lived up to her hype...yet. This title could easily be hers.

Custom Title
    My gut feeling is that Sasha is going to win this one. May be it's Sasha's move back to the west coast that gives me a warm feeling. Michelle's Bolero has not exactly impressed me so far, but it does not mean it won't get better. If Michelle wins, it won't be an easy win for her. I also agree with someone that said that Kimmie Meissner could challenge her this year.

Custom Title
    Are you kidding? Don't jinx her.

Skating God please ignore this thread.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast