Database or Lists for old US Nationals | Golden Skate

Database or Lists for old US Nationals

Fritz

Spectator
If there exists SKATABASE for listing competitors and winners for past Worlds competitions, does anyone know of something similar for US Nationals? You would think USFSA would have this, but I couldn't find it, and certainly not for years prior to 1990.

merrywidow

Record Breaker
What years are you interested in? I have the info for the medalists at US Nat'ls back to 1914. Have some of the other competitors at the 1984-1990 & their placements.

Fritz

Spectator
merrywidow said:
What years are you interested in? I have the info for the medalists at US Nat'ls back to 1914. Have some of the other competitors at the 1984-1990 & their placements.
Was mainly interested in competitors from the 60's, 70's, and 80's, including rankings.

thisthingcalledlove

Final Flight
There is a skatabase for worlds, Olympics, jr worlds, euros, and 4cc's. I don't have the link at the moment (I'm not at home)

I will post those links here later today...

merrywidow

Record Breaker
1985 Nat'ls:
Boitano, Cockerill, S. Williams, C. Bowman, P. Wylie, Dan Duran, Bobby Beauchamp, & 13th - Tom Cerniak. (Cerniak was a very talented youngster who was forced to stop skating after a year or 2 because of lack of funds.)
Chin, Thomas, Kadavy, Frost? Adams? 9-McInnis, 10-Damigello, 13-Walls, 14-Friedman
Watson/Oppegard, Seybolds, Wachsman/Waggoner, 5-Keely/Mero 7-Lako/Blicharski
Blumberg/Seibert, Seminick/Gregory, Roca/Adair, Luciano/Witherby, 8-Lowry/Rossbach
1986:
Boitano, Scott Williams, D. Duran, Angelo D'Agostino, Wylie, James cygan, Doug Mattis, Craig Henderson, Scott Kurttila, Bobby Beauchamp, John Filbig
Tom Zakrajsek (successful coach, today), Todd Reynolds, Steven Rice David Jamison. Chris Bowman was injured.
Ladies:
Debbi Thomas, Caryn Kadavy, Tiffany Chin, Tracy Damigello, Jill Trenery, Tonya Harding, Yvonne Gomez, Kelly Ann Szmurlo, Leslie Ann Sikes, Holly Cook, Tracey Seliga, Kathryn Adams, Debbie Tucker, Kimberly Drenser
Kris Morzinski & Debbie La Verde.
Pairs:
Wachsman/Waggoner, Watson/Oppegard, Seybolds, Keeley/Mero, Feinberg/Maurizi, Dungjens (Jason), Blasko/Todd Sand, Murchison/Pellaton
Ginger & Archie Tse, Kruitanek?/Doug Williams, Courtland/Daw, Asanakis/Hefner, Deck/Hohmann, Malakoff/Kurtz, Franks/Jones
Dance:
Roca/Adair, Seminick/Gregory, Luciano/Witherby, Wynne (Susie)/Druar, Lowery/Rossbach, Sargent/D'Amelio, Kneirem/Erickson, Rodek/Nardozza
Heiser/Verlich, Balough/ Jerod Swallow, Everrgam/Santoferrara, Barbara & Peter Buch

Last edited:

Jhar55

Medalist
If you have any programs from COI they usally have a list of all the winners, worlds, nationals & olympics. :)

thisthingcalledlove

Final Flight
merrywidow said:
1985 Nat'ls:
Boitano, Cockerill, S. Williams, C. Bowman, P. Wylie, Dan Duran, Bobby Beauchamp, & 13th - Tom Cerniak. (Cerniak was a very talented youngster who was forced to stop skating after a year or 2 because of lack of funds.)
Chin, Thomas, Kadavy, Frost? Adams? 9-McInnis, 10-Damigello, 13-Walls, 14-Friedman
Watson/Oppegard, Seybolds, Wachsman/Waggoner, 5-Keely/Mero 7-Lako/Blicharski
Blumberg/Seibert, Seminick/Gregory, Roca/Adair, Luciano/Witherby, 8-Lowry/Rossbach
1986:
Boitano, Scott Williams, D. Duran, Angelo D'Agostino, Wylie, James cygan, Doug Mattis, Craig Henderson, Scott Kurttila, Bobby Beauchamp, John Filbig
Tom Zakrajsek (successful coach, today), Todd Reynolds, Steven Rice David Jamison. Chris Bowman was injured.
Ladies:
Debbi Thomas, Caryn Kadavy, Tiffany Chin, Tracy Damigello, Jill Trenery, Tonya Harding, Yvonne Gomez, Kelly Ann Szmurlo, Leslie Ann Sikes, Holly Cook, Tracey Seliga, Kathryn Adams, Debbie Tucker, Kimberly Drenser
Kris Morzinski & Debbie La Verde.
Pairs:
Wachsman/Waggoner, Watson/Oppegard, Seybolds, Keeley/Mero, Feinberg/Maurizi, Dungjens (Jason), Blasko/Todd Sand, Murchison/Pellaton
Ginger & Archie Tse, Kruitanek?/Doug Williams, Courtland/Daw, Asanakis/Hefner, Deck/Hohmann, Malakoff/Kurtz, Franks/Jones
Dance:
Roca/Adair, Seminick/Gregory, Luciano/Witherby, Wynne (Susie)/Druar, Lowery/Rossbach, Sargent/D'Amelio, Kneirem/Erickson, Rodek/Nardozza
Heiser/Verlich, Balough/ Jerod Swallow, Everrgam/Santoferrara, Barbara & Peter Buch

It's amazing to hear some of the names we heard as recently as 1998 back in the 80's! (Todd Sand, Jered Swallow, Jason Dungjen, Elaine Asanakis...)

Didn't Yvonne Gomez compete for Spain as well?

merrywidow

Record Breaker
Yes, Yvonne Gomez competed for Spain at the '88 Olympics. She finished in appx. 18th place I believe. I recall a commentator saying that she did this so as to be able to attend the '88 Olys & be a support for Brian Boitano. They were an item back then & still remain friends today. She is a producer for many of his TV specials now.

brad640

On the Ice
merrywidow said:
Yes, Yvonne Gomez competed for Spain at the '88 Olympics. She finished in appx. 18th place I believe.

I remember that Yvonne Gomez turned up at a televised exhibition in the mid 90's and had a disastrous performance where she had a painful fall during a jump setup. Scott Hamilton was the announcer and he said it was great that at that time there was enough demand for skating that people like her had professional opportunities, but unfortunately she was not able to "rise to the occasion." She seemed to be very well-liked by the other skaters.