Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: How do women learn to wear stilletos?

How do women learn to wear stilletos?

I got a pair from Victoria's Secret-I can barely stand in them and have trouble walking even two strides in them. Everything really hurts! When I am sitting down they feel comfortable, but standing and walking is another story. I bought them for, uh, sitting down with a future man.

How do I learn to walk in them, and how do I walk on a non-carpeted surface without slipping?

Well, do you wear heals? Because if you don't, then I think it's absurd to start with stilettos. The trick with stilettos is balance. It's almost like tiptoing.

Champion Skater (Vicariously)
    babysteps! I agree starting with stilletos may be hard. When I first started wearing heels I would wear a wedge heel so that i got used to my feet being in the barbie position but my gate was still supported, then i moved on to tall but chunky heels (it was the fashion then) and then to a more stilleto style. I dont think i could have succesfully gone right to stilletos.

Good luck

~ Figure Skating Is My Passion ~ Ladskater's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Johar
    I got a pair from Victoria's Secret-I can barely stand in them and have trouble walking even two strides in them. Everything really hurts! When I am sitting down they feel comfortable, but standing and walking is another story. I bought them for, uh, sitting down with a future man.

How do I learn to walk in them, and how do I walk on a non-carpeted surface without slipping?

It is a matter of balance. Practice in your home first before venturing out in a pair of heels! Especially if you are not used to wearing them. I have not worn real high heels in years and would probably end up breaking something if I did.

You can get rubber grips put on the base of the shoe to stop you from sliding. Just take them to a shoe repair shop and they will do it for you. I used to that because we get so much rain here. It helps protect the shoe from moisture as well.

Wish you all the best!!

Woman of the Waters
    I avoid wearing stilletos at all cost. Just not my cup of tea. I prefer comfort over pain any day. Gets me how a lot of women are willing to deal with that just for the look but to each her own

~ Evgeni's Sex Bomb ~
    Style before comfort, darling. Just remember that, and you will be fine.

Practice, practice, practice. I also recommend the non skid pads if you are feeling unsure, and there are also gel inserts if you find the ball of your foot hurts a great deal (this is where my shoes tend to kill me). Once you are used to the feel of the shoe, though, you will be fine. I can run in my stilletoes.

Figure Skating Is A Dangerous Sport Dee4707's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by PrincessLeppard
    I can run in my stilletoes.
    Laura, are you running from something or to??? Just curious.

Dee

I should add that I have weak ankles--they turn even when I'm wearing tennis shoes. If I'm walking and not staring at the ground and happen to hit an upraised area, like a rock, BAM! It "startles" my muscles and I turn my ankles.

Last spring, at my brother's wedding, I was wearing flat dress shoes. While walking outside I was talking to someone and stepped longways on a twig on the sidewalk and almost fell down. :sheesh:

Hmmm... I certainly would not recommend stillettos then. The easiest high heal to wear is a platform - it can be almost as sexy, and it can feel almost like a flat shoe.

Figure Skating Is A Dangerous Sport Dee4707's Avatar
    I loved my platforms because they made me tall. I agree for a heel, they were the best.

Dee

~ Evgeni's Sex Bomb ~
    Quote Originally Posted by Dee4707
    Laura, are you running from something or to??? Just curious.

Dee
    It depends on the situation.

Custom Title
    Another thing I might add - I would never buy a shoe w/o trying it on 1st (even though I have a perfect size 8), that's why a catalogue is a no-no for me. So if you have weak ankles you should get your set of high heels from a shoe store so that you can walk a few steps to know how they fit you feet.

I have been wearing heels since I was 5 years old, so wearing even killer heels is not a problem for me. I fact, I feel more comfy when wearing heels rather than flats

Yana

Why in the world would you be wearing heels at age 5?

I just remembered my first pair of heels. They were red and I loved those shoes. The date I had was to go to the movies. At the last minute he called and said we would have to walk as his car was in the shop. He was a student. (college) I wanted to wear those shoes so bad I walked over a mile to the movie and back. Boy were my feet sore! The next day my feet were so swollen I could hardly get my wedgies on.

Custom Title
    I used to think middle age was when your age was a higher number than your bra size (but that only works for women and cross-dressers though)....now I'm convinced middle age arrives when the first criteria of apparel selection is COMFORT.

I'm so there.

Woman of the Waters
    Quote Originally Posted by PrincessLeppard
    Style before comfort, darling. Just remember that, and you will be fine.
    LOL sorry I still stick to choosing comfort anyday over comfort. I've learned too many painful lessons already from that! Although I must say, it can be downright difficult to find a shoe that's both comfortable and stylish.

Quote Originally Posted by STL_Blues_fan
    Another thing I might add - I would never buy a shoe w/o trying it on 1st (even though I have a perfect size 8), that's why a catalogue is a no-no for me. So if you have weak ankles you should get your set of high heels from a shoe store so that you can walk a few steps to know how they fit you feet.

Yana
    Yep I agree. I'm very picky when it comes to shoes and how they feel, which is why I will never buy any from online. Another thing I wonder is how are women able to wear those pencil thin heels???? I would probably break an ankle or something.

Quote Originally Posted by Aloft04
    I used to think middle age was when your age was a higher number than your bra size (but that only works for women and cross-dressers though)....now I'm convinced middle age arrives when the first criteria of apparel selection is COMFORT.

I'm so there.
    LOL I'm nowhere middle-aged and my first criteria is comfort and I don't wear high heels Or try to avoid it.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast