Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: How do women learn to wear stilletos?

0 Not allowed!

How do women learn to wear stilletos?

I got a pair from Victoria's Secret-I can barely stand in them and have trouble walking even two strides in them. Everything really hurts! When I am sitting down they feel comfortable, but standing and walking is another story. I bought them for, uh, sitting down with a future man.

How do I learn to walk in them, and how do I walk on a non-carpeted surface without slipping?

0 Not allowed!
    Well, do you wear heals? Because if you don't, then I think it's absurd to start with stilettos. The trick with stilettos is balance. It's almost like tiptoing.

Champion Skater (Vicariously)

0 Not allowed!
    babysteps! I agree starting with stilletos may be hard. When I first started wearing heels I would wear a wedge heel so that i got used to my feet being in the barbie position but my gate was still supported, then i moved on to tall but chunky heels (it was the fashion then) and then to a more stilleto style. I dont think i could have succesfully gone right to stilletos.

Good luck

~ Figure Skating Is My Passion ~ Ladskater's Avatar

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Johar
    I got a pair from Victoria's Secret-I can barely stand in them and have trouble walking even two strides in them. Everything really hurts! When I am sitting down they feel comfortable, but standing and walking is another story. I bought them for, uh, sitting down with a future man.

How do I learn to walk in them, and how do I walk on a non-carpeted surface without slipping?

It is a matter of balance. Practice in your home first before venturing out in a pair of heels! Especially if you are not used to wearing them. I have not worn real high heels in years and would probably end up breaking something if I did.

You can get rubber grips put on the base of the shoe to stop you from sliding. Just take them to a shoe repair shop and they will do it for you. I used to that because we get so much rain here. It helps protect the shoe from moisture as well.

Wish you all the best!!

Woman of the Waters

0 Not allowed!
    I avoid wearing stilletos at all cost. Just not my cup of tea. I prefer comfort over pain any day. Gets me how a lot of women are willing to deal with that just for the look but to each her own

~ Evgeni's Sex Bomb ~

0 Not allowed!
    Style before comfort, darling. Just remember that, and you will be fine.

Practice, practice, practice. I also recommend the non skid pads if you are feeling unsure, and there are also gel inserts if you find the ball of your foot hurts a great deal (this is where my shoes tend to kill me). Once you are used to the feel of the shoe, though, you will be fine. I can run in my stilletoes.

Figure Skating Is A Dangerous Sport Dee4707's Avatar

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by PrincessLeppard
    I can run in my stilletoes.
    Laura, are you running from something or to??? Just curious.

Dee

0 Not allowed!
    I should add that I have weak ankles--they turn even when I'm wearing tennis shoes. If I'm walking and not staring at the ground and happen to hit an upraised area, like a rock, BAM! It "startles" my muscles and I turn my ankles.

Last spring, at my brother's wedding, I was wearing flat dress shoes. While walking outside I was talking to someone and stepped longways on a twig on the sidewalk and almost fell down. :sheesh:

0 Not allowed!
    Hmmm... I certainly would not recommend stillettos then. The easiest high heal to wear is a platform - it can be almost as sexy, and it can feel almost like a flat shoe.

Figure Skating Is A Dangerous Sport Dee4707's Avatar

0 Not allowed!
    I loved my platforms because they made me tall. I agree for a heel, they were the best.

Dee

~ Evgeni's Sex Bomb ~

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Dee4707
    Laura, are you running from something or to??? Just curious.

Dee
    It depends on the situation.

Custom Title

0 Not allowed!
    Another thing I might add - I would never buy a shoe w/o trying it on 1st (even though I have a perfect size 8), that's why a catalogue is a no-no for me. So if you have weak ankles you should get your set of high heels from a shoe store so that you can walk a few steps to know how they fit you feet.

I have been wearing heels since I was 5 years old, so wearing even killer heels is not a problem for me. I fact, I feel more comfy when wearing heels rather than flats

Yana

0 Not allowed!
    Why in the world would you be wearing heels at age 5?

I just remembered my first pair of heels. They were red and I loved those shoes. The date I had was to go to the movies. At the last minute he called and said we would have to walk as his car was in the shop. He was a student. (college) I wanted to wear those shoes so bad I walked over a mile to the movie and back. Boy were my feet sore! The next day my feet were so swollen I could hardly get my wedgies on.
    Grgranny, DEFINITELY!

Custom Title

0 Not allowed!
    I used to think middle age was when your age was a higher number than your bra size (but that only works for women and cross-dressers though)....now I'm convinced middle age arrives when the first criteria of apparel selection is COMFORT.

I'm so there.

Woman of the Waters

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by PrincessLeppard
    Style before comfort, darling. Just remember that, and you will be fine.
    LOL sorry I still stick to choosing comfort anyday over comfort. I've learned too many painful lessons already from that! Although I must say, it can be downright difficult to find a shoe that's both comfortable and stylish.

Quote Originally Posted by STL_Blues_fan
    Another thing I might add - I would never buy a shoe w/o trying it on 1st (even though I have a perfect size 8), that's why a catalogue is a no-no for me. So if you have weak ankles you should get your set of high heels from a shoe store so that you can walk a few steps to know how they fit you feet.

Yana
    Yep I agree. I'm very picky when it comes to shoes and how they feel, which is why I will never buy any from online. Another thing I wonder is how are women able to wear those pencil thin heels???? I would probably break an ankle or something.

Quote Originally Posted by Aloft04
    I used to think middle age was when your age was a higher number than your bra size (but that only works for women and cross-dressers though)....now I'm convinced middle age arrives when the first criteria of apparel selection is COMFORT.

I'm so there.
    LOL I'm nowhere middle-aged and my first criteria is comfort and I don't wear high heels Or try to avoid it.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast