How do women learn to wear stilletos? | Page 2 | Golden Skate

How do women learn to wear stilletos?

megsk8z

On the Ice
"Nothing at all, " heh, heh. That's good. A new definition of "fallen woman."

To answer the question, I have never fallen in high heels unless I was drinking too much. But I did fall down the stairs one time when I was wearing platform shoes.

Piel

On Edge
Record Breaker
I once had to work the midnight shift for about six months . Often I would go out to dinner with friends before coming to work so I would change into my nurses uniform aftrer arriving at the hospital. One night I had worn high heels when it started spitting snow while we were at the restaurant making the sidewalks extremly slick.. I carefully made my way to my car drove to work and then managed to get from my car walk across the parking lot and arrived safely in the dressing room breathing a sigh of relief. After changing and putting on my flat, sensible nurses shoes I began walking rounds with the nurse going off duty, slipped on a tiny patch of water that had been tracked in and broke my leg.

heyang

Record Breaker
I used to wear 3" heels and walk all around NYC. I was one of those women who wore sneakers walking from the train station to the office, but I'd wear the heels when we went out to lunch and out for drinks and dancing after work. Looking back, I can't believe that I did it.

These days, I wear 1 1/2" heels perhaps once a week to work, but I don't have to walk on a hard suface as much and avoid running a lo of errands after work when I have the heels on. When I go to a formal occasion (i.e. weddings), I won't wear anything higher than 2" and my feet ache for days aftewards.

So, if you're going to suffer for style, then make sure you get the rubber pads put on the bottom and I'd also suggest putting foot pads inside your shoes for extra padding.

Overall, heels are really bad for your back, etc. If you know you'll be sitting a lot, it's not so bad, but don't even think about wearing them and having to walk quickly, etc. Good Luck.