Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Practice Reports

Custom Title
    Sasha is probably in seclusion practicing triple-triples or quads. Wouldn't that be a slap in the face for Robin. She probably is going to surprise us all.

What if the Hokey Pokey IS what it's all about?
    I am sleepy so I will be brief...

Men: Johnny and Evan looked great! Many of the others are a blur now! Scott Smith practiced many jumps and looked pretty good. I liked J. Brauniger (sp?), he has a spark! Tim, Matt, and Ryan practiced hard. I think Tim did a 4/3! It was nice to see the short programs--with or without the jumps!

Ladies: BOTH Michelle and Sasha looked solid! BOTH of them did complete run-throughs of their SP's! What a treat! I think both programs are more or less equal in their content...Alissa Csizny looked very very good! K. Meisner was full of smiles, she kept falling on this one jump (?) and then finally nailed it a few times in a row and the pactice crowd erupted! Jenny Kirk was much more relaxed today and had a better practice. Emily Hughes fell often. Yebin Mok looked good.

I was upset not to see Angela but then by 4pm I heard the tragic news...so very sad...

That's about all my tired self can remember now!

eliza88

Custom Title
    Thanks, eliza.

On the Ice
    Thanks for all the reports!

Read elsewhere that the jump Kimmie kept trying and eventually landed was a triple axel! Probably won't see it in the competition, but it's pretty exciting.

On the Ice
    Quote Originally Posted by amr927
    Thanks for all the reports!

Read elsewhere that the jump Kimmie kept trying and eventually landed was a triple axel! Probably won't see it in the competition, but it's pretty exciting.
    Rumor has it that she has said she is going for it. She seems determined to do it and has been doing pretty well with it.

I think that it is probably a good year for her to try it if she wants. No matter what her placement, she won't get a World Team spot because of her age. She has less to lose this year if she doesn't do well than any other year.

What if the Hokey Pokey IS what it's all about?
    It was a 3A?!! I was there and missed it more than once! I should not pass go and go directly to jail! Apparently my attention was only on Sasha--so much for my multi-tasking capabillities!

eliza88

On the Ice
    I read over at FSU that she landed two of them in the practice, and apparently there was some money-swapping between some people (coaches?) standing at the boards after she hit the first one, so there must have been a bet on it!

I hope she does go for it in the long program. I agree, Casper, she doesn't have much to lose by trying it. I'm pretty sure Mao Asada landed a triple axel in the JGP Final, so I wouldn't be surprised if Kimmie wants to try one Junior Worlds. She obviously knows she needs it to be competitive. Good luck to her!!!

Custom Title
    Thanks for your practice reports everyone! Was/Will anyone be able to go to the FD or Pairs LP practices?

I just fell in love with Tiffany & Sergei and I am interested in hearing how their FD looks.

I really, really hope that Jen & Jon will be able to bounce back in the LP. I wonder if she's injured? I know she had a back injury awhile ago. But the fact that she had a poor practice for ladies, and later withdrew from that event, causes me to wonder.

I'm heading in a few minutes to catch the "warm-ups" for the FD....

GO MELISSA AND DENIS!!!!! WOOT WOOT!!!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2