Save Bofrost cup! | Golden Skate

Save Bofrost cup!

E

EvaElena

Save Bofrost cup!

The ISU is planning to take Bofrost cup away and give a Grand Prix event to China. The official decision will be made at 1 April. WE NEED TO STOP THIS!! Think of all those poor Europeans (including me!) who'll be left alone.

Please sign the petition:

www.petitiononline.com/IS...ition.html

Thanx

S

SHINE2002

Re: Save Bofrost cup!

Uh...how about think about the Asians?

T

Tatjana14

what about the asians?

They have one in Japan!!

T

thvudragon

And the Europeans have one in France and Russia. Isn't also really hard for someone in China to actually go to Japan to be at NHK? Seeing how China isn't into the right of free movement and all. I, for one, support moving Nations Cup to China.

TV

S

SHINE2002

Am I the only one who finds this claim funny? How hard is it to travel from Germany to France really - or from anywhere in Europe for that matter?

T

tdnuva

Of course it's not far from Germany to France (compared to the distance to the Far East at least) but many fans who have been to the Nations Cup praised the way the event was run - very open-minded and friendly atmosphere. Trophee Lalique e.g. often even doesn't allow audience in for compulsories let alone practice. AND entrance fees seem to be much lower for Nations Cup than for Trophee Lalique so I heard about quite a lot of people from France, Belgium and so on who rather like to go to Gelsenkirchen than Paris...

D

DORISPULASKI

Okay, then how about moving Lalique or Cup of Russia instead of Bofrost?

Why-because the Germans don't have the pull in ISU politics that the French and Russians have, that's why.

And yes, it makes sense for the GP to have 2 competitions in North America (Skate Canada, Skate America), 2 in Europe, (pick 2 of 3, Cup of Russia, Bofrost, Lalique), and 2 in Asia (NHK, China).

dpp
and 2 in

M

mmandel

Since the Germany and France don't support the U.S.A. and have their own agenda, maybe the ISU should move their GP even to other countries.

J

Joesitz

Why not have a GP competition once a month every month from April through October with the Final in either November or December. this will avoid countries' nationals, worlds, and olympics. It would also offer more cities to view live amateur skating.

How dumb that ISU is to take one competition away for another. The rules don't change.

Joe

N

Nadya Lyubova

<blockquote><strong><em>Quote:</em></strong><hr>Since the Germany and France don't support the U.S.A. and have their own agenda, maybe the ISU should move their GP even to other countries. [/quote]
I don't quite get what supporting the USA has to do with figure skating?? 8o

I'm sad if the Nations Cup will leave Germany, because it is true, it is a much more friendly event than Lalique, plus it is cheaper...but I agree there should be 2 events in Asia, and placing a GP event to China is actually quite logic nowadays.