Date/Time of Posts | Golden Skate

Date/Time of Posts

Piel

On Edge
Record Breaker
What is going on when the "Last Post" date/time shows a date/time that is NOT the date/time the post was actully made? Under Least Favorite Christmas Songs it says that I made the last post today at 6:38 pm when I made the post on January 8? This happens all of the time with various posts, why?

R.D.

Record Breaker
Well, it correctly shows the date and time of my last post...

Did you go back and edit your post? The system may adjust the time it was posted to the time it was last edited...

Piel

On Edge
Record Breaker
No I have not edited the post at all. I was surprised when I saw that I had posted on that thread when I knew that I had not.

This only happens on polls. Every time someone votes, that determines the "last time" someone posted on the thread. But if the voter does not actually post anything, the name of the last actual poster remains.

So on the Christmas song thread, you were the last person actually to post, on the 8th. But the time shows that someone voted on the poll yesterday.

MM

R.D.

Record Breaker
Ah, I see. That's interesting...

One thing about the old ezboard was that even if you edited your post, it still bumped that thread to the top. I think when someone voted in a poll (but didn't post) it also bumped it up as well.

Red Dog said:
I think when someone voted in a poll (but didn't post) it also bumped it up as well.
That's true on this board, too. That's why we don't allow polls on the Edge, Cafe, etc. If there are polls mixed in with the other threads, the polls will always stay at the top of the page, because people keep on voting. This pushes all of the other threads down to the bottom and eventually off the front page.

Similarly, on your thread in the Voting Booth folder on, Why do people think I am a Sasha fan, this thread does not have a poll, so as soon as people stop posting on it, it will get bumped down to the bottom because people will vote on other polls.

So it is better to put all polls and only polls in that folder.

MM

R.D.

Record Breaker
Mathman said:
That's true on this board, too. That's why we don't allow polls on the Edge, Cafe, etc. If there are polls mixed in with the other threads, the polls will always stay at the top of the page, because people keep on voting. This pushes all of the other threads down to the bottom and eventually off the front page.

Similarly, on your thread in the Voting Booth folder on, Why do people think I am a Sasha fan, this thread does not have a poll, so as soon as people stop posting on it, it will get bumped down to the bottom because people will vote on other polls.

So it is better to put all polls and only polls in that folder.

MM

Ah, I see. I didn't know that it was the case here too. I definitely agree then with no polls elsewhere because that's all we'd see at the top of the page.

Re. the thread I started, I didn't think it would belong in the Edge so I had nowhere else to put it but in the Voting Booth folder (I guess I could have put it in Le Cafe, but it was related to skating, and it was a question, so...). As long as I get my question answered, I will no longer need the thread anymore so it's fine if it gets bumped down.