Ladies SP Start Order | Golden Skate

Ladies SP Start Order

Casper

Rinkside
I feel bad for Angela, but good news for Michelle. The other good news is that people won't be leaving in droves while someone is out there skating. I felt so bad for Mok last year. Kirk finished her program and people just got up and left. Only half of the crowd was left by the time Mok's scores were announced.

JonnyCoop

Record Breaker
2nd isn't NECESSARILY bad. Remember, Tonia Kwiatkowski skated first and WON the SP in 95. Angela's gonna have to skate clean, though. Actually, it might be good for her -- seems to me you'd be more relaxed skating that early because you're not in a situation where you could be going out there with 6 or 7 great skates ahead of you, so you know YOU have to be great too to get in the mix. Given Angela's nerves, skating before the rest of the pack might just help her out quite a bit.

ritymeez

Rinkside
JonnyCoop said:
2nd isn't NECESSARILY bad. Remember, Tonia Kwiatkowski skated first and WON the SP in 95. Angela's gonna have to skate clean, though. Actually, it might be good for her -- seems to me you'd be more relaxed skating that early because you're not in a situation where you could be going out there with 6 or 7 great skates ahead of you, so you know YOU have to be great too to get in the mix. Given Angela's nerves, skating before the rest of the pack might just help her out quite a bit.

I totally agree. I just hope she does well. And I also hope Michelle gets a drove of 6.0's.

Linny

Final Flight
going early

Plus, you go earlier in your group so you stayed warmed-up instead up jumping up and down on the sidelines for 15 minutes. Better for your muscles.
Linny

show 42

Arm Chair Skate Fan
Record Breaker
There are pros and cons for both. 2nd and third, you've had your warm-up and a bit of a rest before you skate. Last, you're rested and will get better marks in the presentation, in theory, then if you had skated first, and if you skate first, well you get it over with right off the bat.............42