Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: Hersh Cohen Article (unfavorable)

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Peggy
    All I can say is that Robin is not very professional. She shouldn't be bad mouthing Sasha just before Nationals. I'm not surprised Sarah left her without a word. If I was a parent of a skater, I certainly wouldn't be seeking out Robin for a coach.
    ITA. Robin should've kept their dispute to herself. Not to bad mouth your former student. But who knows it gose to both way, may be she feel hurt by Sasha leaving her just by a phone call?

But what about Frank, he diddn't bad mouth MK when she left him, it was 10 years relationship. he diddn't bad mouth Tim when Tim left him, it was Tim himself reveal the bit truth afterwards.

IMO, both skater and coach should keep their mouth shout when they split, don't laundry your dirties in public. It is very unprofesional.

But, again, if no one talks we fans have nothing to disscusion at all. lol

Here is an article of coach changing. Every thing leads to Kween.
    http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn...2005Jan11.html

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by missflick
    I tried this but I was not working for me. What am I doing wrong? It doesn't allow you to type in your password....only the url.
    You have to open two windows.
    1.Click that article link, bring you to the newspaper's register page.
    2. Open another window to BugMeNot.com
    3. Grap the URL in 1. and paste it into the 2. hit return you got the email address and password.
    4. back to 1. window, type in the email address and password.

you are in for a treat. hope this helps.

Fan of The Incomparable Sonja Henie Glacierskater's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Peggy
    All I can say is that Robin is not very professional. She shouldn't be bad mouthing Sasha just before Nationals. I'm not surprised Sarah left her without a word. If I was a parent of a skater, I certainly wouldn't be seeking out Robin for a coach.
    I did not read any bad mouthing. Robin sounded like she was stating her feelings about the situation. I did not perceive anything negative or bitter.

Sarah left without a word to Robin? I have never heard that before.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by mzheng
    You have to open two windows.
    1.Click that article link, bring you to the newspaper's register page.
    2. Open another window to BugMeNot.com
    3. Grap the URL in 1. and paste it into the 2. hit return you got the email address and password.
    4. back to 1. window, type in the email address and password.

you are in for a treat. hope this helps.

Still didn't work for me.

Custom Title
    Well maybe the "obesession with all things Russian" can be attributed to the fact that Sasha is (gasp!) half Russian and speaks the language with her mother. Why shouldn't Sasha be proud and interested in her heritage? The judges certainly embrace the Russian style of skating.

As for Sasha not wanting to change, there were many people who felt that Robin made a mockery of the beautiful Swan Lake program choreographed by TT. I personally am not impressed with Robin's choreography. It's not as if Sarah was a really artistic skater.

Having seen Sasha's Nutcracker performance, I thought the program was lovely and Sasha's skating skills have improved significantly. Like everyone else, I too think Sasha's skating got softer so obviously Sasha was working with Robin on something to further her skating.

Go NJ Devils
    Quote Originally Posted by Red Dog
    If she really thought this...wow, how conceited...
    Cohen received several first place ordinals over Arakawa with the skate she had. (She may actually have had more that were dropped by the computer selection of scores.) To think that had she landed her all of triples/triple combos properly would have given her the victory isn't that far off the mark.

Custom Title
    In my opinion Robin is speaking a lot of sense in that article! I don´t see it as any bashing at all.

Woman of the Waters
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaana
    In my opinion Robin is speaking a lot of sense in that article! I don´t see it as any bashing at all.
    Me neither. It made a lot of sense and some good hard truth that Sasha needs to pay attention to.

Woman of the Waters
    Quote Originally Posted by hockeyfan228
    Cohen received several first place ordinals over Arakawa with the skate she had. (She may actually have had more that were dropped by the computer selection of scores.) To think that had she landed her all of triples/triple combos properly would have given her the victory isn't that far off the mark.
    Well of course that could have been a possbility but given Sasha's level of inconsistency, I think it highly improbable she would have actually landed all of her 3/3s in order to win even if she had, I don't think it would be so easy to say it would have been in Sasha's favor either since Shizuka had a great skate.
    Last edited by Kuchana; 01-12-2005 at 03:32 AM.

Skating enthusiast

Sportswriter and articles

This article and its content is so very mild when it comes to discussions of events in big-time sports.

In baseball, football and basketball, the players, coaches, general managers, head coaches, etc. are all examined under the microscope by the sportwriters. When players are traded or leave teams or negotiate contracts, all the details are mulled over by the sportswriters. The players' and coaches' personal lives are also fair game to be written about and editorialized over.

It is the world of sportswriting and professional sport, with nothing new here to me as a fan of sport in general.

On the Ice
    At least Madame Tarasova has the dignity to keep her thoughts regarding her students that leave to herself.
    At least in the English speaking media. Tarasova has not been so kind to Cohen or their failed partnership in the Russian media.

Custom Title
    Probably if Sasha had a Corvette and gave Phil rides to free basketball games, he would say good things about her too.

Rinkside

Bashing??

Doesn't anyone remember that Sash began the whole media bashing by saying her skating was "terrible" with Robin? I mean, c'mon! That is a pretty harsh thing to say about a coach. That is Robin's livelihood. Don't get me wrong...I can't stand Robin's personality and I am simply playing devil's advocate here. But Sasha is certainly not innocent in the mud slinging here.

Custom Title

Takes time

If the skater is extremely talented, starting from age 8 or thereabouts and capping their career at age 17 or thereabouts with a medal of some sorts... that's around 9 years.

Seems to me as if many skaters want things fast, fast, fast and don't give it enough time.

Conversely, sometimes a different eye will help resolve a long standing problem, or someone new using slightly different words will get it through the brain and into the body of the athlete... so working with a different coach over the summer seems like a good tactic. BUT it has to be motivated by a need to progress, not a desire for a quick fix.

Figure skating is much like my sport of dressage in the manner. Even the top riders take 7-10 years, starting with a young horse and capping their career with the Grand Prix - the highest level. There was a rider named Klimke who did the equivalent of a Katerina Witt in that he won multiple gold medals in different years on different horses... he often advised that It Takes Time

Maybe this a symptom of our fast paced society that everyone seems to want it now?

Linny

Well, I feel sorry for Sasha.

But she has one way to shut everybody up.

MM

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast