Ladies LP Practice | Golden Skate

Ladies LP Practice

Cohen and Nikidinov were a non-show for this timing session practice. I havenot heard any rumors as to why they didn't show up.

KWAN Looked very intense and going over to Arutunian often. She basically marked her program on the ice. However, she did occasional jumps and spins. She is spinning much faster and with more rotations. Her jumps are totally solid (praise to Arutunian) and she seems to be planning a 3lutz/2loop which if it goes well at Nats it will be a 3z/3r at Worlds. The lutz btw is perfect/

Bebe was doing every trick in the book. Her multfacited combo ends in a beautiful I spin.

Hughes , Emily that is. looking very serious and doing many triples (but falling a bit too much). She skating to Sleeping Beauty including the Bluebird variation and the Coda from the Grande Pas.

Yebin looking totally elegant but her jumps are very sketchy.

Amber looking read good and ready

Don Ambitious program but she is just not consistent.

Kirk Not bouncy this year. Very lyrical with better jumping skills.

DARKE HORSE!!! is Stephanie Rosenblat Very bouncy with lots of tricks which she does well. A little sophmoric yet but if she hits, I'm thinking bronze.

I saw some of the Men's LP the other day -

Janhnke - he always looks like a hit or miss, to me.

Delmore - You'll like his program but he is also hit or miss.

Savoie - Totally different this year. Gone is the smooth ragtime style. and now skating with much more vigor to a very nice program.

Phan and Wong - They still look to be in Juniors

THERE IS ANOTHER PRACTICE LP SESSION FOR MEN AND LADIES ON FRIDAY FROM NOON TO SIX.

Competitive Dance Compulsories

Steigler and Magorsky - better than I expected.
Bommentre and Goodman - Not up to par.
Mathews and Zavorsky - not up the the hype
Manon and O'meara - Wow. a team to watch.
B&A and G&P just what you would expect.

Joe

Last edited:

icenut84

Final Flight
Joesitz said:
KWAN Her jumps are totally solid (praise to Arutunian) and she seems to be planning a 3lutz/2loop which if it goes well at Nats it will be a 3z/3r at Worlds. The lutz btw is perfect/

How do you know she's thinking about a 3lutz3loop at Worlds? Are you just assuming so, because she was practicing it with a 2loop, or do you know for sure? I read she was also practicing 3toe2loop, and might do that as a 3/3 for Worlds (which would get the 3loop back in, if that's the deal with the lutz combo). Apparently she's practicing both those 3/3s, plus the 3toe/3toe (will be interesting to see if she attempts any of them, either there or at Worlds).

icenut84 said:
How do you know she's thinking about a 3lutz3loop at Worlds? Are you just assuming so, because she was practicing it with a 2loop, or do you know for sure? I read she was also practicing 3toe2loop, and might do that as a 3/3 for Worlds (which would get the 3loop back in, if that's the deal with the lutz combo). Apparently she's practicing both those 3/3s, plus the 3toe/3toe (will be interesting to see if she attempts any of them, either there or at Worlds).
She practiced a 3z/2r and had no trouble with it. This was a trick she used in pastcompetitions before the hip went out. Rumors spread it will be a 3/z3r if and only if she continues to work at it

Joe

2ndmark

Rinkside
Joe, have you taken any notice of Wesley Campbell? He just moved up to Sr. Mens this year, but I have noticed him at 2003 Nats and 2004 Mids as having trmendous potential.

Crizzy

Rinkside
Thanks for the report, Joesitz. Do you mean she looks intense as in having her game face on or tense like a deer in headlights? Could you please elaborate on the spins and footwork? Thanks so much.

So Sasha is not skating at the official rink at all?

show 42

Arm Chair Skate Fan
Record Breaker
Good question, Crizzy. I'd like to know that myself, Joe.............42

Lucy25

Final Flight
Joe - Are you certain about the 3lz/2l? I am not doubting you, but I've read lots of reviews all over the net and this is the first mention of a 2l in her lutz combo. It would be great if she brought this combo back, but I haven't heard this anywhere else. Thanks!

Edited to add that in the practice video online she did a 3lz/2t. But maybe this was for her SP?

mzheng

Record Breaker
Thanks. Joe for the report. you :rock:

Was RA said she is practicing 3t/3r,3z/3t and 3t/3t?