Sk8 tape advice | Golden Skate

Sk8 tape advice

megsk8z

On the Ice
Was it 3/4" or 1 1/2" tape? Where I skate, the 1 1/2 size retails for exactly what you paid for it. So I would say, no, you weren't ripped off, but I also think Sk8tape is expensive.
Did they give you the little pamphlet that tells you how to put it on? They make it 'way more complicated than it really is.

sk8mom

Spectator
It not complicated to put on at all if you just do the toes :)
Just make very sure not to stretch it at all while you apply it or you will end up with bubbles and wrinkles. And don't leave it on for more than a couple of months.

There is someone at my duaghter's club who uses white electrical tape from one of those dollar stores. Its way cheaper, but I'm not willing to experiment with my daughter's new Grafs.

megsk8z

On the Ice
3/4" lists for about $4.95 where I am. But I go to a park district rink and I think maybe they try to keep their prices lower to encourage business. And there hasn't been any in stock for about a month (we don't get that many requests for it). Bet when it comes in, though, it will run closer to $6 or $6.50. Everything else seems to be going up, so why wouldn't Sk8tape go up, too?
So I think for 3/4" yes, $8.50 is a little excessive. Could you maybe order it from somewhere else next time you needed it? Many people seem to be happy with Rainbo for a lot of their skating stuff.

Summerkid

Rinkside
Sk8 Tape from Rainbo is $4.25 for the 3/4 inch and $7.50 for 1 1/2 inch. The last time I chatted with the guy who runs Sk8 Tape, he didn't mention a price increase.