Angela Nikodinov's Mother Dies in Car Accident | Page 3 | Golden Skate

Angela Nikodinov's Mother Dies in Car Accident

heyang

Record Breaker
I doubt that the USFSA will grant Angela a bye based on her overall performance over the years. It is an important year since this year's Worlds will determine the # of skaters going to the Olympics - can't believe they are a year away.

My condolences to Angela and her family. She's gone through so much in the spotlight. I hope she does come back next year to honor her mother's memory - based upon the article I've read, it seems that her Mom was very supportive of Angela's skating. Regardless, I'm sure her Mom will only want Angela to be happy and do what's best for herself.

brad640

On the Ice
Angela should at least get a bye to nationals next year. I feel like she will return to skating and I hope she makes it to the Olympics.

Vash01

Medalist
I hope her mother's memory will inspire her to skate in the future.

If there is a silver lining to all this, it is a reminder to many of us that nothing in life is certain, that it can change in a moment, so it is important to live in the present moment. It also puts things in perspective about what is really important in life.

Vash

Bijoux

Match Penalty
Maybe Jenny Kirk will reach out

Jenny's mom died of cancer, and though they may be rivals for that 3-4 slot in past, maybe Jenny will help console inspire her. Angela is a very tender etheric type person. This may end her career. I have always loved her as a skater and real person. I would be thrilled to see her recover, get het triples together and medal in Torino. We love you Angela. :cry:

I always thought Puns/swallow were very wrapped up in them selves. Poor choice I thought.

ceg15

On the Ice
This is really horrible for Angela and her friends and family. My prayers are with Angela, her family and friends and I know she'll get over this and get back on the ice soon. This will only make her stronger. I'm so sorry.... :cry: