Pairs - Short Program - Results | Golden Skate

Pairs - Short Program - Results

SailorGalaxia518

Record Breaker
Well as much as I hate doing this because of what just happened, the show must go on. The Pairs short program is about to get underway. We pray that this year it will be a clean competition and not a fallfest.

You can post comments before or during the competition.

SailorGalaxia518

Record Breaker
1. Marcy Hinzmann, Winterhurst FSC
Aaron Parchem, Detroit SC 0.5

4.9 4.9 4.9 4.9 4.9 4.9 5.0 4.9 5.0
5.3 5.3 5.3 5.3 5.1 5.4 5.3 5.3 5.3

10.2 10.2 10.2 10.2 10.0 10.3 10.3 10.2 10.3

1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1

RealtorGal

Record Breaker
Just checked out the stats. I/B are in first place but didn't receive the best of scores. I smell a fall or two! :sheesh: There is definitely room to pass them.

SailorGalaxia518

Record Breaker
Here are the top 3 after the short program:
1. Kathryn Orscher and Garrett Lucash
2. Rena Inoue and John Baldwin
3. Marcy Hinzmann and Aaron Parchem

5. Jennifer Don and Jonathan Hunt
6. Tiffany Scott and Philip Dulebohn

Like always, It looks like it wasn't a good competition brcause Katie and Garrett got scores ranging from 5.0-5.8

In fact they had a 5-4 split on the panel so not what they espected.

I cringe about the LP :sheesh:

Vash01

Medalist
Thanks for the results. I was having a tough time finding them. The usfsa site has not posted pairs results, as of now.

Lotta

On the Ice
YEEEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!! GO KATIE AND GARRETT!!!!!!!!!!!! :rock: :rock: :rock:

eliza88

On the Ice
Just came back from the pairs comp. Oy. It could've been better that's for sure! I could count on one hand all the clean programs I saw tonight.

I/B--a very average skate and that might be a generous statement. They looked tentative and off. He doubled his lutz and I think that was the only major mistake. Their spins didn't look too good and everything in the 2nd half of the program looked labored. I thought their 2nd marks were generous.

Scott/Dulebon (sp?)--yikes! Consistency has never been their strength! She fell twice, on the SBS and on the throw. I would have had them one place lower.

Hinzman/Parchem--I liked this team in practice very much. They are well matched. They skated first and had a clean program. I'd love to see what this team could do if they had more confidence! 3rd after the short seems correct.

Don/Hunt--a very dissapointing skate especially when the door was WIDE open! I don't like their lift--I didn't like it in practice and during their SP it looked very bad. The 1st half of the lift is fine, it's part 2 that looks awkward or they just don't have the skills to pull it off...she fell on the throw and after that everything went downhill.

Orsher/Lucash--if she had only held her edge on the throw it would have been their best SP ever! All other elements in their program looked strong. I agree with 1st place.

The team I really liked (and I think the crowd did too) was Castle and partner--I think they ended the evening in 7th. They both fell on the SBS but I think this pair is very well matched and musical. She is 18 and he is 20. This is their first trip to Nats as seniors.

Age issues--okay, I am having some age issues here. There is this one pair where she is 12 and he is 20, and then another where she is 14 and he is 25! It's like a dad tossing his daughter around! Well, you know what I mean,...

I have a request, can just 2 teams come through and give a stellar LP? Is that too much to ask for?

eliza88

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
RealtorGal said:
Just checked out the stats. I/B are in first place but didn't receive the best of scores. I smell a fall or two! :sheesh: There is definitely room to pass them.

not a fall, he doubled...

Katie fell on her throw, but they were AWESOME otherwise...

sk8fanconvert

On the Ice
eliza88 said:
Just came back from the pairs comp. Oy. It could've been better that's for sure! I could count on one hand all the clean programs I saw tonight. eliza88
Uh, on one finger. :frown:

eliza88 said:
I/B--a very average skate and that might be a generous statement. They looked tentative and off. He doubled his lutz and I think that was the only major mistake. Their spins didn't look too good and everything in the 2nd half of the program looked labored. I thought their 2nd marks were generous.eliza88
Very generous, but yes, ITA.

eliza88 said:
Scott/Dulebon (sp?)--yikes! Consistency has never been their strength! She fell twice, on the SBS and on the throw. I would have had them one place lower.eliza88
I haven't been a fan, but they looked solid in practice (particularly SBS jumps), so this surprised me. Thought they might pull it off.

eliza88 said:
Hinzman/Parchem--I liked this team in practice very much. They are well matched. They skated first and had a clean program. I'd love to see what this team could do if they had more confidence! 3rd after the short seems correct.eliza88
I must be remembering wrong, but I could swear Hinzman either fell or doubled the SBS jump?? anyone else?

The only 'clean' program (fighting for some landings) was Evora and Ladwig. I think they should have been higher than 4th.

eliza88 said:
Don/Hunt--a very dissapointing skate especially when the door was WIDE open! I don't like their lift--I didn't like it in practice and during their SP it looked very bad. The 1st half of the lift is fine, it's part 2 that looks awkward or they just don't have the skills to pull it off...she fell on the throw and after that everything went downhill.eliza88
MAJOR bummer, tho I LOVE their lift- except they bungled it in the actual competition, so it came off really poorly.

eliza88 said:
Orsher/Lucash--if she had only held her edge on the throw it would have been their best SP ever! All other elements in their program looked strong. I agree with 1st place.eliza88
Yes, she ALMOST had that edge!! They're doing their SP from last year, the S&M outfits, rock 'n roll, and they were rockin' and rollin' but for that lost edge.

eliza88 said:
The team I really liked (and I think the crowd did too) was Castle and partner--I think they ended the evening in 7th. They both fell on the SBS but I think this pair is very well matched and musical. She is 18 and he is 20. This is their first trip to Nats as seniors.eliza88
Castile and Okolski, or something like that. Yes, pretty good. I'm getting to the point where I don't want to talk much about potential anymore...

eliza88 said:
Age issues--okay, I am having some age issues here. There is this one pair where she is 12 and he is 20, and then another where she is 14 and he is 25! It's like a dad tossing his daughter around! Well, you know what I mean,...eliza88
Just so long as they aren't doing something romantic like Romeo and Juliet or something! Hmmm, what's the soundtrack to Lolita like? <Shudder>

eliza88 said:
I have a request, can just 2 teams come through and give a stellar LP? Is that too much to ask for?eliza88
Yes, it is too much. Hate to say it, but 4+ minutes is going to be difficult to watch for some of these teams... But then, it's 10 times more difficult for them, so I guess I'll be there cheering.

The tough stuff, of course, all happened off the ice today. :cry:

Take care; God bless.

Petlover

On the Ice
The pair where the girl is 12 and the guy is 20 are Shantel Jordan and Jeremy Barrett from Ellenton, Florida. They were last year's National Junior Champions and the 2005 French National Champions. I don't really know Shantel, but Jeremy is one of the nicest and most intelligent young men you would ever want to meet. This is their first year at the Senior level, and I expect even more wonderful placements for them in future years.

Piel

On Edge
Record Breaker
Calling Jenny, Todd, John, Kyoko, Jason, Yuka, RGal & RGirl............aren't there two people in the entire U.S. who can manage to stand up on the ice? HELP!!!

JonnyCoop

Record Breaker
Ridicolous, isn't it? I know these pairs work hard and I hate to be negative, but the lack of technical aptitude among US pairs the last several years has gone from alarming to flat out out of control. It's actually rather emberassing. I can't remember the last National Pairs competition I saw that didn't make me cringe. Some countries have committees that review the programs and performances of their skaters before sending them on to Worlds or Olys; I'm starting to wonder if the USFSA should be reviewing the programs and performances of our pairs to even decide if there should be a COMPETITION at Nationals. In this economy, you have people paying good money to come out and watch, and the quality being presented does not seem worth it.

On that note, I notice ABC is going to be televising Pairs in prime-time along with the Ladies. Wouldn't it make more sense to show Dance in prime time, given the fact that the last few Nationals have pretty much shown that that's a much better competiton? Who's going to want to sit through a bunch of splats and pratfalls in prime time? (Or anytime, really, for that matter, but at least if they show it in the afternoon it can be better hidden.) On that note --

Kathryn, Garrett, John, Rena, Marcy, Aaron, etc:

PROVE ME WRONG, GUYS!! PROVE ME WRONG!!

STL_Blues_fan

Final Flight
I really liked Aaron and Marci...much better than Aaron and Stephanie Kalasevich (sp?). I wonder what is she upto these days.

Not sure I agree with the 1-2 placements. Sure I&B made some minor mistakes but Rena did not land on her backside unlike Katie. As much as liked the O&L program, why did they recycle an old program? It really bugs me when skaters do that. I guess the worst offence was Jaime and David's Olympics 3 seasons old long. Oh well..

Christine Brennan was really annoying!

Yana

RealtorGal

Record Breaker
Yana, I just read your post. You and I think so much alike!!! I just started a thread on how annoyed I get watching recycled programs! Also, I can't stand Christine Brennan!

Okay, since I'm being so negative tonight, let me say that I really enjoyed watching the dancers. I see a lot of improvement, and it's great to see Tiffany S. skating so well and looking so happy!

RealtorGal

Record Breaker
Oh... and another thing...

Aren't John and Rena just the most ADORABLE couple (off ice especially)? :love:

thisthingcalledlove

Final Flight
eliza88 said:
Age issues--okay, I am having some age issues here. There is this one pair where she is 12 and he is 20, and then another where she is 14 and he is 25! It's like a dad tossing his daughter around! Well, you know what I mean,...

eliza88

Kovarikova and Novotny had an even greater age difference (she was 19, and he was 32 when they won their world title) and they ended up married!

STL_Blues_fan

Final Flight
RealtorGal said:
Yana, I just read your post. You and I think so much alike!!! I just started a thread on how annoyed I get watching recycled programs! Also, I can't stand Christine Brennan!

Funny isn't it??? That's why I love this board, I can find great folks who share a lot in common with me on the subject of figure skating (and other stuff)! My poor hubby would otherwise go mad, having to listen to me ranting about FS reporters and such :)))

Yana