Sasha Cohen's SP Practice | Golden Skate

Sasha Cohen's SP Practice

She was there and she skated super in her stunning style running through the SP program. The onwatchers were in awe. It's a great program and it should prove to be a win for her this evening.

Original Dance
No contest re: the top two. Both teams have very good choreogs.
Manon and O'Mearer overtake Steigler and Magorsky. M&O are tradional dancers a la Astaire and Rogers and with impeccable technique.
My fav's: Goodwin and Bommentre haning in there.

Pairs SP
Orscher and Lucash have come of age. Not surprising for me as I thought had the potential 2 years ago.
Innoue and Baldwin doing there standard style skate. Very impressive but O&L have more depth, imo.
Hinzman and Parchman look like they just might medal.

Junior Men - Final
The USA has a new rising star in Jeremy Abbot!!
Another promising star: Douglas Razzano.
IMO,the Jr. Men are much much better than the Jr. Ladies.

This afternoon:; Will Tim regain his position as numero uno?
Tonight will Sasha take first again in the SP?
Discuss!!!

Joe

bronxgirl

Medalist
What do you think of the other top women's SP practices. Sasha has a history of doing well in practice and in the SP; it's when she gets to the LP she turns into Splasha, sadly

Doggygirl

Record Breaker
Thanks for the summary Joe!

I hope the Men and the Ladies all skate well tonite and we set up a real nail biter heading into the free skates.

DG

cianni

On the Ice
Practice Report

Was she the only one there? Did she outskate all the others? Just curious.

show 42

Arm Chair Skate Fan
Record Breaker
That's fine with me, Joe. Michelle always does better coming from behind..... :p 42

Kuchana

On the Ice
That's good that Sasha's doing well in practice. Hope she'll do the same in both the short and long. I just want to see an exciting competition and it'd be worthwhile if everyone did well:)

R.D.

Record Breaker
Oh dear, that is funny!! though I'm crossing my fingers not to see Splasha in this championship

If she happens to win the SP, then I think it's almost a certainty that "Splasha" will come out in the LP :laugh:

Kuchana

On the Ice
Red Dog said:
If she happens to win the SP, then I think it's almost a certainty that "Splasha" will come out in the LP :laugh:

LOL Have some optimisim Red since I am. Well trying at least:) Hehe

kyla2

Final Flight
Good Luck To All

I wish all the skaters the best of luck. My heart is with Michelle, but I wouldn't be sorry to see Sasha come out and skate the program of her life and confound the naysayers.