Men's Short Program | Page 4 | Golden Skate

Men's Short Program

gsk8

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Sailor,

Are these your reports or are you copy/pasting them from another source?

If you are still copying reports from another forum, stop now.

Doggygirl

Record Breaker
I'm still wondering about Ryan too...

He has had a decent season, and I never would have guessed him for tenth. Plus the ordinals seem to be all over the place. Can't wait for our live reporters to check in with more rinkside info.

DG

Eeyora

Final Flight
I am so happy for Tim. Good for him. Even if it is only the short program.

eliza88

On the Ice
The men were great today! Many good solid programs--it was almost emotionally draining!

Evan L: a superb performance! This guy has improved so much in the last year! He was so excited after his final pose he started jumping up and down on the ice! Set your VCR's for this one! It was neat to see a 6.0 for him, but he was the 2nd (or 3rd?) guy out of the gate,...Standing O.

Matt S: he skated right after Evan, took the energy from the audience and produced a stellar performance! Nice to see him skating well!

Weiss: fell on his quad attempt. I think his marks were generous.

Goebel: he skated a wonderful SP! Nice to see his quad back! A thank you card to Coach Audrey might be in order! Tim skated with a lot of emotion. Good footwork, spins, and great jumps. Standing O. and I think he had most of the audience in tears.

Weir: Johnny looked a bit stiff, it was still a lovely performance just lacking a little. I love his spins and his footwork. He made all of his jumps, they just weren't as smooth...an arguement could be made for him being in first, but I think 2nd is correct.

Jahnke: I love to watch this man skate! Bummer he has troubles with his jumps--I think each jump had a little something wrong with it (either 2 footed, not a clean run-out, and extra turn). I think he was marked way low.

Jordan Brauniger: the judges didn't like him as much as the crowd. IMO if this competition were scored under the CoP he would be placed much higher. BTW, he is one mega cutie!

Speaking about cuties, can I tell you how attractive Terry Gannon is in person! If the Pairs Final gets too painful to watch, I'll just go watch Terry! Mmm mmm! I was watching him and Dick Button today do their thing only Dick screwed up and they had to repeat it all over again! Dick was swearing too!

eliza88

JUST MY OPINION​

I disagreed with the Judges. 1. Evan; 2. Tim; 3. Johnny

The best are not always the best on THAT particular night. I think Evan is going to be up there with the big boys and I am really afraid that Michael is slipping away. I would not have put him in the "Last to Skate" category and get on TV. There were others that deserved that position.

Joe

Last edited:

shine

Record Breaker
Interesting.... And there're people who've commented on how close it was to call between Lysacek and Savoie...

S

SkateFan4Life

Perhaps now Michael Weiss will finally realize that he is out of his league against the likes of Goebel, Weir, Lysacek, and Savoie. When those guys are at the top of their game, he can't come close to them. He always, but always, falls on his quad attempts and/or stumbles or falls on his triple axels. Weiss' time has come and gone.

It's time to turn pro, Michael. IMHO, at least!