Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Pairs - Short Program - Results

All Hail Queen Yu-Na!!!!!! SailorGalaxia518's Avatar

Pairs - Short Program - Results

Well as much as I hate doing this because of what just happened, the show must go on. The Pairs short program is about to get underway. We pray that this year it will be a clean competition and not a fallfest.

You can post comments before or during the competition.

1. Marcy Hinzmann, Winterhurst FSC
    Aaron Parchem, Detroit SC 0.5

4.9 4.9 4.9 4.9 4.9 4.9 5.0 4.9 5.0
    5.3 5.3 5.3 5.3 5.1 5.4 5.3 5.3 5.3

10.2 10.2 10.2 10.2 10.0 10.3 10.3 10.2 10.3

1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1

Just checked out the stats. I/B are in first place but didn't receive the best of scores. I smell a fall or two! :sheesh: There is definitely room to pass them.

Here are the top 3 after the short program:
    1. Kathryn Orscher and Garrett Lucash
    2. Rena Inoue and John Baldwin
    3. Marcy Hinzmann and Aaron Parchem

5. Jennifer Don and Jonathan Hunt
    6. Tiffany Scott and Philip Dulebohn

Like always, It looks like it wasn't a good competition brcause Katie and Garrett got scores ranging from 5.0-5.8

In fact they had a 5-4 split on the panel so not what they espected.

I cringe about the LP :sheesh:

Custom Title
    Thanks for the results. I was having a tough time finding them. The usfsa site has not posted pairs results, as of now.

I keep on fallin' for Kwan
    YEEEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!! GO KATIE AND GARRETT!!!!!!!!!!!!

What if the Hokey Pokey IS what it's all about?
    Just came back from the pairs comp. Oy. It could've been better that's for sure! I could count on one hand all the clean programs I saw tonight.

I/B--a very average skate and that might be a generous statement. They looked tentative and off. He doubled his lutz and I think that was the only major mistake. Their spins didn't look too good and everything in the 2nd half of the program looked labored. I thought their 2nd marks were generous.

Scott/Dulebon (sp?)--yikes! Consistency has never been their strength! She fell twice, on the SBS and on the throw. I would have had them one place lower.

Hinzman/Parchem--I liked this team in practice very much. They are well matched. They skated first and had a clean program. I'd love to see what this team could do if they had more confidence! 3rd after the short seems correct.

Don/Hunt--a very dissapointing skate especially when the door was WIDE open! I don't like their lift--I didn't like it in practice and during their SP it looked very bad. The 1st half of the lift is fine, it's part 2 that looks awkward or they just don't have the skills to pull it off...she fell on the throw and after that everything went downhill.

Orsher/Lucash--if she had only held her edge on the throw it would have been their best SP ever! All other elements in their program looked strong. I agree with 1st place.

The team I really liked (and I think the crowd did too) was Castle and partner--I think they ended the evening in 7th. They both fell on the SBS but I think this pair is very well matched and musical. She is 18 and he is 20. This is their first trip to Nats as seniors.

Age issues--okay, I am having some age issues here. There is this one pair where she is 12 and he is 20, and then another where she is 14 and he is 25! It's like a dad tossing his daughter around! Well, you know what I mean,...

I have a request, can just 2 teams come through and give a stellar LP? Is that too much to ask for?

eliza88

Quote Originally Posted by RealtorGal
    Just checked out the stats. I/B are in first place but didn't receive the best of scores. I smell a fall or two! :sheesh: There is definitely room to pass them.
    not a fall, he doubled...

Katie fell on her throw, but they were AWESOME otherwise...

What would Brian Boitano do?
    Quote Originally Posted by eliza88
    Just came back from the pairs comp. Oy. It could've been better that's for sure! I could count on one hand all the clean programs I saw tonight. eliza88
    Uh, on one finger.

I/B--a very average skate and that might be a generous statement. They looked tentative and off. He doubled his lutz and I think that was the only major mistake. Their spins didn't look too good and everything in the 2nd half of the program looked labored. I thought their 2nd marks were generous.eliza88
    Very generous, but yes, ITA.

Scott/Dulebon (sp?)--yikes! Consistency has never been their strength! She fell twice, on the SBS and on the throw. I would have had them one place lower.eliza88
    I haven't been a fan, but they looked solid in practice (particularly SBS jumps), so this surprised me. Thought they might pull it off.

Hinzman/Parchem--I liked this team in practice very much. They are well matched. They skated first and had a clean program. I'd love to see what this team could do if they had more confidence! 3rd after the short seems correct.eliza88
    I must be remembering wrong, but I could swear Hinzman either fell or doubled the SBS jump?? anyone else?

The only 'clean' program (fighting for some landings) was Evora and Ladwig. I think they should have been higher than 4th.

Don/Hunt--a very dissapointing skate especially when the door was WIDE open! I don't like their lift--I didn't like it in practice and during their SP it looked very bad. The 1st half of the lift is fine, it's part 2 that looks awkward or they just don't have the skills to pull it off...she fell on the throw and after that everything went downhill.eliza88
    MAJOR bummer, tho I LOVE their lift- except they bungled it in the actual competition, so it came off really poorly.

Orsher/Lucash--if she had only held her edge on the throw it would have been their best SP ever! All other elements in their program looked strong. I agree with 1st place.eliza88
    Yes, she ALMOST had that edge!! They're doing their SP from last year, the S&M outfits, rock 'n roll, and they were rockin' and rollin' but for that lost edge.

The team I really liked (and I think the crowd did too) was Castle and partner--I think they ended the evening in 7th. They both fell on the SBS but I think this pair is very well matched and musical. She is 18 and he is 20. This is their first trip to Nats as seniors.eliza88
    Castile and Okolski, or something like that. Yes, pretty good. I'm getting to the point where I don't want to talk much about potential anymore...

Age issues--okay, I am having some age issues here. There is this one pair where she is 12 and he is 20, and then another where she is 14 and he is 25! It's like a dad tossing his daughter around! Well, you know what I mean,...eliza88
    Just so long as they aren't doing something romantic like Romeo and Juliet or something! Hmmm, what's the soundtrack to Lolita like? <Shudder>

I have a request, can just 2 teams come through and give a stellar LP? Is that too much to ask for?eliza88
    Yes, it is too much. Hate to say it, but 4+ minutes is going to be difficult to watch for some of these teams... But then, it's 10 times more difficult for them, so I guess I'll be there cheering.

The tough stuff, of course, all happened off the ice today.

Take care; God bless.

Custom Title
    The pair where the girl is 12 and the guy is 20 are Shantel Jordan and Jeremy Barrett from Ellenton, Florida. They were last year's National Junior Champions and the 2005 French National Champions. I don't really know Shantel, but Jeremy is one of the nicest and most intelligent young men you would ever want to meet. This is their first year at the Senior level, and I expect even more wonderful placements for them in future years.

Calling Jenny, Todd, John, Kyoko, Jason, Yuka, RGal & RGirl............aren't there two people in the entire U.S. who can manage to stand up on the ice? HELP!!!

In my heart, I'm actually Canadian....
    Ridicolous, isn't it? I know these pairs work hard and I hate to be negative, but the lack of technical aptitude among US pairs the last several years has gone from alarming to flat out out of control. It's actually rather emberassing. I can't remember the last National Pairs competition I saw that didn't make me cringe. Some countries have committees that review the programs and performances of their skaters before sending them on to Worlds or Olys; I'm starting to wonder if the USFSA should be reviewing the programs and performances of our pairs to even decide if there should be a COMPETITION at Nationals. In this economy, you have people paying good money to come out and watch, and the quality being presented does not seem worth it.

On that note, I notice ABC is going to be televising Pairs in prime-time along with the Ladies. Wouldn't it make more sense to show Dance in prime time, given the fact that the last few Nationals have pretty much shown that that's a much better competiton? Who's going to want to sit through a bunch of splats and pratfalls in prime time? (Or anytime, really, for that matter, but at least if they show it in the afternoon it can be better hidden.) On that note --

Kathryn, Garrett, John, Rena, Marcy, Aaron, etc:

PROVE ME WRONG, GUYS!! PROVE ME WRONG!!

Custom Title
    I really liked Aaron and Marci...much better than Aaron and Stephanie Kalasevich (sp?). I wonder what is she upto these days.

Not sure I agree with the 1-2 placements. Sure I&B made some minor mistakes but Rena did not land on her backside unlike Katie. As much as liked the O&L program, why did they recycle an old program? It really bugs me when skaters do that. I guess the worst offence was Jaime and David's Olympics 3 seasons old long. Oh well..

Christine Brennan was really annoying!

Yana

Yana, I just read your post. You and I think so much alike!!! I just started a thread on how annoyed I get watching recycled programs! Also, I can't stand Christine Brennan!

Okay, since I'm being so negative tonight, let me say that I really enjoyed watching the dancers. I see a lot of improvement, and it's great to see Tiffany S. skating so well and looking so happy!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast