SPOIL:ER -- Pair's Short Program | Golden Skate

SPOIL:ER -- Pair's Short Program

Kuchana

On the Ice
Speaking of pairs, J & B, Shantel Jordan is only 12 years old and Barrett is 20????? :eek:

Hikaru

Final Flight
WHAT!!??? OMG, I can just picture him tossing this girl in the air!!

No seriously, I was reading this book, The Second Mark, and in one part they mention that usually the profile that they look for the female skater is one that looks like a pre-teen, in the sense that she has to be petite, slim by nature and not by starving herself. I guess they look for that type because it's easier for a tall guy to lift a girl that is way smaller than him. In this case though, I question two things: Hypoteticallly speaking, if they won nationals, would there be any age restriction for her to go to senior worlds? The other thing I question is how long this pair can last, in terms of their age, like you see guys that usually don't have a great stamina and end up tired during the program... I dunno, I'm curious to see them though, I don't know if they'll be on TV. OK I stop my ramble here

Kuchana

On the Ice
Hikaru said:
WHAT!!??? OMG, I can just picture him tossing this girl in the air!!

No seriously, I was reading this book, The Second Mark, and in one part they mention that usually the profile that they look for the female skater is one that looks like a pre-teen, in the sense that she has to be petite, slim by nature and not by starving herself. I guess they look for that type because it's easier for a tall guy to lift a girl that is way smaller than him. In this case though, I question two things: Hypoteticallly speaking, if they won nationals, would there be any age restriction for her to go to senior worlds? The other thing I question is how long this pair can last, in terms of their age, like you see guys that usually don't have a great stamina and end up tired during the program... I dunno, I'm curious to see them though, I don't know if they'll be on TV. OK I stop my ramble here

Yeah you can say that again! I was thinking about G & G while Brennan was talking about them:) Of course their age difference wasn't as great but still....I can see why they'd look for that type of skater for a guy to skate with. I don't think they could go to worlds since she's so young. Yeah I'm curious to see how they last as well especially due to their age difference.

Another pair Don & Hunt, 'k they're coached by Artur Dmitriev and they were skating to the same or near the same music that he skated with Natalia M in their '94 long! :)

S

SkateFan4Life

:eek:
Kuchana said:
Speaking of pairs, J & B, Shantel Jordan is only 12 years old and Barrett is 20????? :eek:

Well....remember Natasha Kuchichi and Todd Sand? She was 13 and he was 27 when they started their pairs partnership. :laugh:

Piel

On Edge
Record Breaker
Isn't there an age limit for senior nationals? I know he qualifies but can a 12 year old skate in the senior level? In pairs does only one of them have to be the correct age? I'm confused!

JonnyCoop

Record Breaker
Piel said:
Isn't there an age limit for senior nationals? I know he qualifies but can a 12 year old skate in the senior level? In pairs does only one of them have to be the correct age? I'm confused!

I believe that as long as all the necessary tests are passed, you could be 7 and still skate on the senior level; on the national level, senior/junior/all that has no minimum age requirement, tho it does have a maximum*. It's based on tests passed. However, until the "little one" comes of age, international assignments are more or less out of the question.

*Didn't used to, tho. Back in the olden days, there were actually junior champions listed as Mrs. So and So, so you know this wasn't exactly some schoolgirl out there! :laugh:

nicole_l

Final Flight
on the national level, senior/junior/all that has no minimum age requirement, tho it does have a maximum*
Actually, for Novice, Junior, and Senior, there isn't a maximum age. In singles, anyway, the maximum age in Intermediate is 17, and for Juvenile is 12.

Ptichka

Forum translator
Record Breaker
Hikaru said:
No seriously, I was reading this book, The Second Mark, and in one part they mention that usually the profile that they look for the female skater is one that looks like a pre-teen, in the sense that she has to be petite, slim by nature and not by starving herself.
It's not just figure skating. I have that type of body, and when I was a kid, all clubs (FS, gymnastics, ballet) would offer me anything to join. Alas, I had about 0 competitive instinct. BTW, in Russia, they didn't just look at the girl, they also looked at her mother. If the mother is petite and slim, they know it's likely the girl will take after her, and will stay slim & petite as well.