Thread: Reminder -- No spoilers in the Edge

Reminder -- No spoilers in the Edge

Remember to put all spoilers in the Events folder. Some folks want to see the TV coverage unspoiled, so please be careful about letting something slip when you post to the Edge. Especially let's be careful about titles of threads, because these can be seen accidentally even if a viewer doesn't open the thread.

MM

Down With It
    Thanks, MM...by any chance did you read my post in the Hersh Cohen article thread? just kidding.

I second this as well. PLEASE, no spoilers...

Quote Originally Posted by Red Dog
    Thanks, MM...by any chance did you read my post in the Hersh Cohen article thread? just kidding.
    Yes. What was your first clue? When I copied your post pretty much verbatim, LOL?

MM

Thank you for this post!
    I log on and click on "new posts", therefore, the titles of all new posts show....during Nat's I was pretty much staying off this board because people were putting spoilers in the title of their threads....I do not like to be spoiled!

I took two days off from GS for Nationals, too, LOL. (But I still couldn't stop myself from knowing who won the short program because it was in the newspaper.)

Mathman

I just HAVE to know the results before I watch the competition! My husband does not understand this AT ALL! He can't believe that I can sit there and enjoy the competition once I know the results. Last night he said to me that not knowing was part of the thrill of watching. I replied that for me the thrill was watching the actual skating. If I have to sit there and bite my nails over what might happen, I can't enjoy the skating.

Quote Originally Posted by RealtorGal
    If I have to sit there and bite my nails over what might happen, I can't enjoy the skating.
    Me, too. I really enjoyed seeing the short program on TV, knowing -- well, what I knew, heh heh.

But then, see, Michelle won the short program when I didn't log on to Golden Skate all day that day. So then I didn't dare log on on Saturday (even though the long program was televised live) because, well, me sacrificing Golden State for one day was my pennance and the skate gods rewarded me, so therefore, logic would dictate, why take a chance on ticking them off on Saturday?

So then I was totally miserable not only all day Saturday but all through the competition as well.

MM

Exactly RGal. How's the manicure this morning? I have ten perfect nails looking good thanks to pausing the DVR for a few minutes prior to Jenny's skate that allowed me to read the results before watching. I love technology!

So that's where you were Larry!

Down With It
    I truly think that part of the thrill here is watching the skating LIVE; seeing it unfold before your eyes. Add that to a real competition and that's what it's all about.

(Unfortunately, I can't call this Nationals a "real competition" - it was so predictable; Kwan won, Cohen made mistakes, etc.)