Ladies Short Program | Page 7 | Golden Skate

Ladies Short Program

RealtorGal said:
You read my mind! I don't know the answer, but I really hope this isn't another excuse for a Sasha Bashfest. :p
Piel said:
I say leave Sasha alone.....let's pick on the pairs. There's enough wrong there to carry through to Turino.
Oh, you two bleeding hearts are always sticking up for an obvious criminal!

I heard Sasha had a bomb in her skate, a box cutter down the front of her costume (but it kept falling out--wonder why?), and a baseball bat in her hair! I say no trial, no jury, it's obvious Sasha is out to maim or kill Michelle, so let's just take her out back, kick the doo-doo out of her, and throw her in the Mystic River! YEAH! :p :p :p

Seriously, Christine Brennan should really go to town with this one. :cool:

Rgirl

RealtorGal

Record Breaker
Rgirl said:

Rgirl

I'm sure she will, if only to deflect some attention away from her obvious ineptness in commentating! :rofl:

Piel

On Edge
Record Breaker
Michelles SP dress reminds me of the blueish purple one she wore for her SP in SLC

RealtorGal

Record Breaker
Arsenette said:
Yes.. the dress is Fab!

The dress is satisfactory. It is not a great departure from her usual dress: a sleeveless dress in a solid color with some kind of golden belt either around the top or the middle of the dress. Ho hum. Nothing really new, but that's okay. It suits her.

RealtorGal

Record Breaker
Rgirl said:

Rgirl

Yeah, well that's what you get when you abandon us for WAY TOO LONG! It's not safe to leave me to my own devices! And under Piel's influence, to boot! Do you have any idea what it's like to post on this message board without the support of my own Twinnie! Expect a long email in the next day or two--I'm too tired tonight.

Piel

On Edge
Record Breaker
Rgirl said:

I heard Sasha had a bomb in her skate, a box cutter down the front of her costume (but it kept falling out--wonder why?), and a baseball bat in her hair! I say no trial, no jury, it's obvious Sasha is out to maim or kill Michelle, so let's just take her out back, kick the doo-doo out of her, and throw her in the Mystic River! YEAH! :p :p :p

Rgirl

Yes, SC's antics remind us of our own misspent youths :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: !

Arsenette

On the Ice
RealtorGal said:
The dress is satisfactory. It is not a great departure from her usual dress: a sleeveless dress in a solid color with some kind of golden belt either around the top or the middle of the dress. Ho hum. Nothing really new, but that's okay. It suits her.

Very very true ;) Either way I do prefer nice lines and as little disruptive design as possible. I can't stand the "kill-a-feathered-animal-now-look-at-my-dress" numbers and glad I haven't seen one in a while.. and hope to never again. I just like simple designs. I get to see the skating more and quite frankly flatters a figure better (IMO).

Arsenette

On the Ice
Yo! Freeskate order up

LINK

No. Name
1 Yebin Mok, All Year FSC
2 Shanell Noji, All Year FSC
3 Stephanie Rosenthal, Utah FSC
4 Katherine Hadford, Univ of Delaware FSC
5 Erica Archambault, Broadmoor SC
6 Angela Lien, Duluth FSCA
7 Amber Corwin, All Year FSC
8 Megan Williams-Stewart, Univ of Delaware FSC
9 Danielle Kahle, All Year FSC
10 Emily Hughes, SC of New York
11 Jane Bugaeva, SC of North Carolina
12 Alissa Czisny, Detroit SC
13 Kimberly Meissner, Univ of Delaware FSC
14 Beatrisa Liang, All Year FSC
15 Katy Taylor, Texas Gulf Coast FSC
16 Jennifer Kirk, SC of Boston
17 Sasha Cohen, Orange County FSC
18 Michelle Kwan, Los Angeles FSC

Starts getting popcorn for Saturday night :cool: :rock: :biggrin:

eliza88

On the Ice
Back from the arena! Wow what a great day/night of skating! I got my exercise in with all the standing O's!

About the near Michelle/Sasha collision--it was a bit close, however I have seen a lot closer! Michelle was in the air, Sasha took too sharp a turn (or something lie that), the crowd gasped and Michelle shrugged it off IMMEDIATELY! She kind of gestured to Sasha "no biggie" (hmmmm, that doesn't sound right!). Anyway, Michelle made it look right away that it was a non-event.

The competition: (let's see what I can remember)

E. Hughes: she pulled it together for the SP because her practices have been rough lately. She has a lovely layback. What a position to be in--sister of OGM, 1st time at Senior Nats, and draws 1st skate. She should be happy with her performance.

B.Liang: a really good skate! Lots of speed, beautiful spins, no major errors. I think the crowd gave her a standing O. She looked very happy skating.

A. Corwin: here she does her 3/3 and then doubles a triple! I liked her short program, she does some quirky/fun moves.

A. Czisny: she has been looking so strong in all the practices, guess she tightened up for the comp. She fell on her 2A and she has a gorgeous layback with different positions. She looks about as flexible as Sasha.

J. Kirk: yes it is a recycled program, but it is such a GOOD program for her I don't mind seeing it again and again. She is completely adorable. This was a great skate for Jenny and 3rd place is correct. Standing O.

K. Meissner: solid skate from Kimmie! Perhaps her scores were a tad high but right now my memory is mush...Standing O.

Sasha: she is stunning in red (okay, more stunning), she put a hand down on her combination, her 2A was lovely and her other triple had a bit of a scratchy landing. Her lovely layback was right in front of me! Wow! Her final spin is way cool (before she adds the BC spin to it...). She seemed happy and looked like she was having fun. 2nd place is correct. Standing O.

Michelle: wowie zowie! It was a thrill to be in the audience for her skate! After she completed all her jumps she built up oodles of speed and passion and threw it into her spiral (and the crowd went wild!). I thought she was magnificent and about 15,000 other fans thought so too! I liked the color of her dress on her. I have seen her in prettier dresses, but this one does fit the Sparticus theme.

eliza88

TNT2012

Rinkside
Thank you, eliza88, for your report. It must be quite thrilling to be in the audience and feel that electric excitement and energy that only Michelle can create during her performances. I can't wait to see it on TV!

Kuchana

On the Ice
Last edited:

show 42

Arm Chair Skate Fan
Record Breaker
Great report Eliza........thanks for taking the time to check. A near miss.....hmmmm, you mean there wasn't a conspiracy? Must check in to a few other skating sites to see if "foul" is called as it was at the 2002 Nationals..... :biggrin: 42

egskater0003

Rinkside
great report! thanks!

Love MK's dress and Sasha's too!

They both look stunning in red. Can't wait to see it on TV tonight!