Christine Brennan | Golden Skate

Christine Brennan

ChiSk8Fan

On the Ice
......finally landed a job commentating or interviewing for ABC/ESPN.

I think she is a disgusting yellow journalist who knows nothing about the sport of figure skating in terms of the skating itself.

But, this is just MHO. Her product to me is.......

"BLAHBLAH blahblah blaHHHHH blah blah blah....."

Kuchana

On the Ice
I was actually surprised when I heard that she's a commentator but I find some of her views reasonable in some aspects:)

Last edited:

Hikaru

Final Flight
ITA with you ChiSk8Fan ... Good Lord, I can only imaging her comments (nothing objective, I assume). If she knew barely nothing with the 6.0, God knows what she'll say with the CoP. The should have place Paul Wyllie (sp?) and Sussy, I enjoy their comments during the GP events.

Last edited:

Lipinskifan19

Rinkside
ChiSk8Fan said:
......finally landed a job commentating or interviewing for ABC/ESPN.

I think she is a disgusting yellow journalist who knows nothing about the sport of figure skating in terms of the skating itself.

But, this is just MHO. Her product to me is.......

"BLAHBLAH blahblah blaHHHHH blah blah blah....."
OMG your post is perfect! I hope she is only interviewing and not commentating. It's bad enough seeing her face, I don't want to have to listen to her too. Ugh.

Kuchana

On the Ice
Haha I just caught Brennan commentating on Stiegler and Magerovisky (sp). She looked a little nervous and she was stumbling a little as she was talking...rushing some as well. Interesting thing she said was that M was trying to get citizenship and if he doesn't, Stiegler may pair with Peter T for Turin.

Kuchana

On the Ice
She sounded better and looked more comfortable when she interviewed B & A after they skated.

Eeyora

Final Flight
I agree and she sounded as good as she possibly could for the Angela report. Nice and Symphathetic. That must have been extremely difficult

RealtorGal

Record Breaker
Oh, she is just AWFUL! That monotone voice, those stupid questions. ("What happened on that jump?") DUH! Oh, please don't tell me that we can expect to hear Her Royal Vapidness for the remainder of the competition! :p

Hikaru

Final Flight
:rofl: of course she would ask stupid questions, I don't think she knows the difference between a lutz or a flip.... Geez, we were doing so great with the GP series, I loved the comments there, they took the time to analized a lot of the technical elements, to explain what could upgrade the GoE, etc... Please, bring Paul and Sussie on!

Arsenette

On the Ice
Personally I think she's no worse than the other "let's go to the other non-talented gofer running around backstage for us" that they have had for years. I mean we REALLY had some winners recently :rofl: So no she doesn't bug me.. it's not like she's taking over Peggy's job.. God I'll rip my hair out if Roz gets on the mike during Nationals.. As much blind as Peggy has gotten over the years.. PLEASE no Roz.. heck .. I might even take Brennan over that chatter box.

Kuchana

On the Ice
Arsenette said:
Personally I think she's no worse than the other "let's go to the other non-talented gofer running around backstage for us" that they have had for years. I mean we REALLY had some winners recently :rofl: So no she doesn't bug me.. it's not like she's taking over Peggy's job.. God I'll rip my hair out if Roz gets on the mike during Nationals.. As much blind as Peggy has gotten over the years.. PLEASE no Roz.. heck .. I might even take Brennan over that chatter box.

Amen to that...I'd prefer Brennan any day over Roz...I swear if Roz ever becomes a commentator at the Nationals or Worlds or even the Olympics I'm gonna pull my hair out and literally scream. :)

Arsenette

On the Ice
Kuchana said:
Amen to that...I'd prefer Brennan any day over Roz...I swear if Roz ever becomes a commentator at the Nationals or Worlds or even the Olympics I'm gonna pull my hair out and literally scream. :)

........ :cry: :cry: I think Roz has the Olys next year....

brad640

On the Ice
RealtorGal said:
Oh, she is just AWFUL! That monotone voice, those stupid questions. ("What happened on that jump?") DUH! Oh, please don't tell me that we can expect to hear Her Royal Vapidness for the remainder of the competition! :p

I agree completely. When Terry Gannon said that Christine Brennan was an announcer I was shocked! She looks like she has never been in front of a camera before. Please ESPN/ABC get rid of Brennan before she ruins nationals!

SailorGalaxia518

Record Breaker
I took one glance at her I was like holy. :laugh: First it was Lisa Guerrero and now it s Christine Brennan what next Tonya Harding. I wish it would just be Peter Carruthers.

Can you imagine Tonya Harding commentating???

STL_Blues_fan

Final Flight
SailorGalaxia518 said:
I took one glance at her I was like holy. :laugh: First it was Lisa Guerrero and now it s Christine Brennan what next Tonya Harding. I wish it would just be Peter Carruthers.

Can you imagine Tonya Harding commentating???

well, why not? At least she knows the sport inside and out, and at the very least she can pronounce "lutz". I assume Lisa was there for her looks, but whats' Christine Brennan's excuse? Yellow journalism for USA???

It would never happen, but I would welcome Tonya any day!

Yana