Christine Brennan | Page 3 | Golden Skate

Christine Brennan

S

SkateFan4Life

Christine Brennan as a television journalist? :sheesh:

Did you see the interview she had with Michelle Kwan right after Michelle had won the ladie's championship? Brennan just had to throw in the question concerning Angela Nikodinov's mother's death. Certainly, it is appropriate to ask a fellow skater her thoughts on the passing of another skater's parent - but surely not at the moment when that skater has just won a ninth title, and on live television, nonetheless! Give me a break.

Frankly, I think Brennan was trying to get a tabloid response from Kwan and/or to elicit an emotional response from Kwan, etc.

Stay put to your computer, Christine, and stay away from the television mike!

IMHO, of course. !!

attyfan

Custom Title
Medalist
I also thought it a little sick that she smiled while talking about the death of Angela's mother. Furthermore, she can't get her facts right. (I noticed that she reported the idea of Tiffany teaming up with Peter T as fact; it was Terry Gannon who said that it was only a rumor -- and later, Igor Shpilbahnd (Tiff's coach) sais that there was no such plan, and would be none.) Get rid of her before she makes a fool of herself and of ABC by treating as fact something she learned from an obvioiusly forged memo ....

RealtorGal

Record Breaker
SkateFan4Life said:
Christine Brennan as a television journalist? :sheesh:

Did you see the interview she had with Michelle Kwan right after Michelle had won the ladie's championship? Brennan just had to throw in the question concerning Angela Nikodinov's mother's death. Certainly, it is appropriate to ask a fellow skater her thoughts on the passing of another skater's parent - but surely not at the moment when that skater has just won a ninth title, and on live television, nonetheless! Give me a break.

Frankly, I think Brennan was trying to get a tabloid response from Kwan and/or to elicit an emotional response from Kwan, etc.

Stay put to your computer, Christine, and stay away from the television mike!

IMHO, of course. !!

I thought it was INCREDIBLY TACKY of her to ask Michelle this question. It's disrespectful to both Michelle AND Angela.

heyang

Record Breaker
Ugh - I;m guessing they were trying her out to see if she could perform a more interesting interview. Unfortunately, she asked the same typical questions and had no interesting insights to add.

Or maybe it was a budget 'issue' - I would think she might be less expensive than some of the other more experienced commentatiors.

nuggetr

Rinkside
RealtorGal said:
I thought it was INCREDIBLY TACKY of her to ask Michelle this question. It's disrespectful to both Michelle AND Angela.
She doesn't report the truth in the articles she writes why would anyone think she would on air????? She just talks out the top of her head just like she reports, but then most reporters do that. Ever wonder why on TV when something terrible happens they always ask a member of the family how they feel about it? :think:

jesslily

Final Flight
Maybe she is good at writing figure skating, but she is not good at speaking in front of TV camera. Where is Paul Wylie? Why did the ABC keep changing commentator so often? Christine Brennen is a talk lady, she makes Terry Gannen and other male skaters look so short.

nuggetr said:
Ever wonder why on TV when something terrible happens they always ask a member of the family how they feel about it? :think:
Yes, and Katy Couric is the worst. She just salivates at the opportunity to make someone feel even worse than they already do, in the name of higher ratings for her show.

However, I did not think that it was tacky for Christine Brennan to give Michelle a chance to express her sympathy to Angela and her family. Yes, Michelle had just won a championship and had a right to celebrate. But the tragedy of the accident was still on people's minds.

What would have been tacky would have been just to say, oh well, that's life, so what about that missed triple Lutz?

Mathman

PS. It's not Brennan's fault that she is tall. Let ex-basketball star Terry Gannon wear lifts in his shoes if he feels intimidated, LOL.

Last edited: