A Turmoil of Emotions, An "Unbeatable" Short Program for Goebel | Golden Skate

A Turmoil of Emotions, An "Unbeatable" Short Program for Goebel

JonnyCoop

Record Breaker
I had a feeling that's what the deal was, Tim leaving the ice in tears during his practice session earlier. Makes sense, since Angela and Tim did train together for a time...

You know, it was wonderful to see Tim wearing his emotions on his sleeve in regards to how he feels for his friend, Angela Nikodinov.
The skaters can almost seem robotic at times when they are "getting into the zone" to prepare to skate (I do NOT mean this as a bash at all!). And those not in the know may think it's all so competitive that the skaters don't care much about each other except to beat them.
Seeing the human side, the caring side, was refreshing. Kudos to Tim for being such a good and caring friend to Angela.

That said, it's a terrible tragedy for Angela and her family. I was surprised to see her at the competition Saturday, but I guess that is all part of "getting back to normal"...which you must do no matter how sad and devastating a loss(death) is.

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
this was the hardest thing to watch all week. to see him keep it all in while at practice that day and then through the competition until he hit his final pose and then it just all came out... I was pretty close to teh ice and you could see him shaking uncontrollably and then he turned and we could see he was out of control sobbing and you just wanted to go over and hug him. I don't think ANYONE was able to hold back tears... to see him skate so well knowing all of that was bottled in really shows just how great an athlete he is.

I hated that ABC would not get out of his face after he got off the ice, though. Give the guy his space. Quit thinking about ratings for once and let him cry with those who care! :mad:

My first reaction to the tears was that he skated such a wonderful program and the crowd gave him a standing ovation that when the tears came, I just thought he was happy about "being back in form" - that he was not washed up as some thought. I had no idea he was so close to Angela. I kind of think it was a combination of both.

Joe

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
Joe - I heard a lot of people around me say that, but what made me think it was about Angela was what one of the volunteers had said about how he was visibly upset in the skater lounge... and the conversation was all about Angela. He was even talking for a while with Frank Carrol...

I agree about the cameras following Tim off the ice the way they did....for crying out-loud, give the guy a break and some privacy!