Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Recycled Programs Really Bug Me...

Thumbs down Recycled Programs Really Bug Me...

I really don't understand why Orscher and Lucash had to recycle their SP from last year (which I didn't like then and don't like now--it's the music I dislike more than anything). If I understood correctly, their LP is another program taken from the recycle bin. They have MONTHS to prepare a new program. What's up with THAT?

Also, Jenny Kirk looks like she's wearing last year's dress. Is she doing that "Chicago" program again?

I am about Chicagoed out!

Custom Title
    I too hate recycled programs. I feel it is unfair to other skaters when one skater (or pair) is skating a program he/she has skated a year longer. Of course there is no rule against it and no deductions but I think there should be a rule.

because it's ok for a competitive skater to skate the same thing over and over

Heaven forbid a pro skater skate teh same number 2 shows in a row though you'll have 95% of the message board people screaming

Custom Title

Jenny's recycling

Jenny had so much off-ice time that I imagine getting another program together would have been difficult. If it's a choice between seeing a recycled program and seeing a program that has not had enough preparation, I'd prefer the former.

Naturally, my first choice would be for all skaters and their programs to be healthy, fresh, and fully prepared.

Linny

The only prgram that should be recycled is Kurt Browning's "Brickhouse" . I could also watch Kwan's "East of Eden" everyday and not tire of it.

Custom Title
    They should have a deduction of some sort. It is not fair to other skaters and not fair to us, the spectators! Who wants to see the same stuff over and over?

Yana

In my heart, I'm actually Canadian....
    It can be really annoying, if you hate the music and/or the program. Especially the music. Brian Orser had a tendency to use either the same short or same long in his eligible days, but claimed that in the SP, with the new elements required each season, it always turned out to be a different program anyway.

Actually, there have been some programs (none of which I could list off the top of my head right now without digging through my archives, which I'm not in the mood to do at the moment ) that I wish WOULD have been repeated for another season; some programs get better and better the more they are done and some I've seen could have really evolved into something terrific given another season.

One example of a recycled program that really impressed me was Tatyana Malinina's "Aladdin" program, which she used for the 97-98 and 98-99 seasons. Then she dusted it off when she qualified for her last GPF (2001, I think) but she had almost completely re-done it and it didn't look like the same program at all, except the music was exactly the same.

But yes, there are ones that fall under the category of "Oh, Good Lord, is/are he/she/they dragging that tired old thing out one more time?" Too many of them, actually.

On the Ice
    Quote Originally Posted by Piel
    The only prgram that should be recycled is Kurt Browning's "Brickhouse" . I could also watch Kwan's "East of Eden" everyday and not tire of it.

I agree I loved Kurt Browning's "Brickhouse"

I would like for Michelle to recycled Salome.

In general I wish skaters didn't recycle programs but I understand why they do.

http://p068.ezboard.com/bstrawberrycanyonfsc
    Didn't Viktor Petrenko use the same LP for THREE seasons?

Oh Yeah!! Brickhouse, when ever I hear the song I think of Kurt and those shinny blue pants and white shirt

Keeper of Bab's Death Stare... nubka's Avatar

Question Recycled programs...

Hadn't S & P's "Love Story" already been around for awhile when they used it at the SLC Olympics?? Not quite sure about that...

Quote Originally Posted by Piel
    I don't remember much of Michelle's program, but I do love that piece of music of "East of Eden", it is a good piece for skating, I have it on a CD I listen to when I want a good night sleep, it's very relaxing.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by nubka
    Hadn't S & P's "Love Story" already been around for awhile when they used it at the SLC Olympics?? Not quite sure about that...

yup, at least 2 or 3 seasons. I hated that LP..

Yana

More so than recycled programs, they should put a block on recycled "music"........but I think we already discussed that theme a couple hundred threads ago........ 42

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast